New from Alabama

Randall
This post is 5185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got my first sport bike 88 FZ 750 today actually. Haven't had a bike in years I'm definatly going to need some help as the bike has been sitting for 3 yrs. and when it was stored it fell off the trailer and did some front faring damage. Any way when I get a chance I'll post some pics. From what I was told it is a rare find since it is the blue/white/yellow stripe color scheme. I don't know about that I'm just glad to have it!

th_100_2923.jpg

th_100_2924.jpg

th_100_2925.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just got my first sport bike 88 FZ 750 today actually. Haven't had a bike in years I'm definatly going to need some help as the bike has been sitting for 3 yrs. and when it was stored it fell off the trailer and did some front faring damage. Any way when I get a chance I'll post some pics. From what I was told it is a rare find since it is the blue/white/yellow stripe color scheme. I don't know about that I'm just glad to have it!

Hi Randall, welcome to the forum, I was up in your neck of the woods today, Birmingham. Not Alabama but West Midlands, England.

Anyway a big welcome, you will find this forum predominatly British but have quite a few yanks on it. We are a very friendly bunch so I hope you like us.

Mike

Failte!! Randall to the YOC smile.gif

I am one of the mad Irish "barstuards" that floats about on here sometimes!!!

Nice bike there you got your hands on!

Randall,

Welcome to YOC.

You may also want to check out bamarides.com.

There are locals on there that will give you plenty af advice on riding and repair of your bike. Great group of folks there to ride with and chat with when you are not riding. I am from Florida and enjoy visiting their forum.

Regards,

Z.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd update everyone I rebuilt the carbs, changed the plugs, oil and gas hit the switch and she fired right up let it idle for a min. then tried to give her some gas. She was purring like a kitten took her for a short ride and came back and checked everything. Still have a lighting issue to address (rear blinkers) but, otherwise she's ready to ride. B):D

Still have a lighting issue to address (rear blinkers) but, otherwise she's ready to ride. B):D

Guess she will see the Dragon then this spring, summer, fall....eh? :D