Twistedmetal has hit the deck!

Pete
This post is 7201 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of luck on your side, eh Twisty? :wink:

Glad to hear you're OK.......& you'll probably be back in the saddle before you know it 8)

hey twisty good to see yer back on the scene and ok :wink: . your bike doesnt look bad at all 8) it's a cool looking wee thing!

my bike does 54 but I was going between 30 and 40 i think and ran a little bit wide and got caught by a crosswind as well :(

Be critical of your riding Darren. Don't look at other things like wind, road conditions etc. You can't change those situations, but you can adapt your riding to take those circumstances into account.

Relive in your mind EXACTLY what you did, and figure out what you did wrong. Cos if somebody comes off a bike with no other vehicle involved it's down to the rider. Mechanical failure causing a crash is very rare.

Only by analysing exactly what you did, and thinking about what you should have done, will you learn from it. Cos unless you learn from this experience then you'll repeat it again.

Learning something from this experience Darren, is the most important thing.......It'll definitely make a better rider outta ya :wink:

TBH those bends can be taken a lot quicker than your bike is capable of.

You probably weren't going that quickly, but the sharpness of the bend caught you out.

I suspect you panicked, and then target fixated in the direction you were heading, rather than where you needed to go to exit the bend. It's a classic novice mistake, we've all done it.

Remember this tip....if you're approaching a bend, always get in a lower gear. This will drop your speed, keep the bike solid, and will give you the acceleration to exit smoothly. Rule is....SLOW in.....FAST out!

well i cant even think about finding out for a few weeks :roll:

Whatever happened, it was pretty much my fault with a little help from a crosswind.

Ach dont worry about to much, we all do things at times that are no one's fault but our own, thats just life!, we live n learn.

If I had a pound for every time I'd made an arse of thing's on the bike in the last 24 years, I'd really be quite rich by now!

• Admin

Yeah glad your allright mate. I know your not supposed to come off, but loosen your levers a bit, then normally stops breaks and bends.

Anyway i would do it again if Mandy is that fit, sod a broken wrist, hey youve got two! Yep as pete said you should have insisted on mouth to mouth 8)

Anyway i would do it again if Mandy is that fit, sod a broken wrist, hey youve got two! Yep as pete said you should have insisted on mouth to mouth  8)

Yeah, I just think she's a little bit old for me :roll: About twice my age :shock: but don't quote me on that, all people between 30 and 50 look the same to me 8)

I'd also like to blame my tyres, I can't lean as far cos of the off-road design :?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online