Twistedmetal has hit the deck!

Pete
This post is 7201 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Met up with twistedmetal (Darren) today at the Elan Valley Centre in Mid Wales cos a few of the WSaTC guys were meeting up there.

Anyway....it appears as if he lost control of his bike riding home and has been taken by ambulance to Nevill Hall Hospital in Abergavenny. I had already left about an hour before, but one of the guys found him at the side of the road. First indications appear that he's got a broken wrist, not sure of anything else at the moment cos the Ambulance hasn't got him to the Hospital yet.

We're arranging to collect his bike and get it to my garage so it'll be safe.

I'll keep you updated on developments, but does anybody here have his home telephone number so I can speak to his parents?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...here's an update.

I just spoke to his mother who's now at the Hospital.

It's been confirmed that the major injury is a broken wrist, and they're now deciding whether to operate. At the moment he's been given Morphine.

His bike is now in my garage and his mother will contact the AA to arrange a pickup.

Obviously it could have been worse....so all you other youngsters BE CAREFUL! You're at a dangerous point in the learning curve. We're not being killjoys....it's just that we know things that you don't!

unlucky mate, hope yer ok twisted :( hate hearing about these things. good man pete for whichever part you played in helping 8)

I've only played a small part myself Alan.

From what I can understand he was extricated from a hedge by Mandy, who's an attractive lady on a Guzzi LeMans.

Then one of the other guys rode the bike up to my house for me to keep it safe.

Obviously if it was a Suzuki I'd have refused to look after it! :lol:

Latest update....his mother just phoned me now.

Apparently it's a straight break in his wrist, so it won't require surgery as such.

However he's been taken into Theatre for them to reset it under a general anaesthetic and he'll be kept in overnight.

So I should have another update tomorrow.

well good stuff to all you guys/girls that helped pete 8) was twisted riding on his own when it happened? sounds like a straight forward break so lets hope he's back on the road fairly soon. is the bike bashed up pete?

Yeh he was on his own Alan.

Don't think he'd have had much chance keeping up with the likes of a Guzzi LeMans, ZX10 etc. :lol:

Bikes just scratched plastics and bent bars as far as I can see.

But the AA will recover it to Black Mountain Yamaha and they can check it out.

how apt his name of 'twistedmetal' is now :lol: :wink: should we change it to twistedwrist? :twisted: kidding mate, get well soon 8)

Bad luck Twisted, get well soon. Well done Pete, you have shown what the fellowship of biking is all about.

Whenever I hear about a crash and someone gets injured, I think "Thank God! Not good, but it could have been worse". This pastime of ours is just so dangerous, that any time we survive an accident in, more or less, one piece, we should be thankful.

TBH it was a group effort Alan.

Mandy on the LeMans did the most cos she was at the scene. She phoned Alan who went and got the bike, and I just stored the thing and spoke to his mother.

But it was definitely an "OldSchool" to the rescue scenario. :lol:

hey guys, just got back from hospital. Was a clean break but the bone was completely snapped and the piece that came off had moved. Damn lucky Mandy found me otherwise i wouldn't have been able to do anything with my bike.

Cheers for taking care of it Pete :wink:

Oh, btw OW! 8)