v star 250 with no tach

anderboogie
This post is 5265 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks I,m another newbie who commutes on a small bike due to some issues with arthritis. i commute at approx 60mph and this bike has no tach. am i shortening the longevity of the engine at these rpms? top end on the virago is much higher than 60 mph, but i need this bike to last a long time and i really can't handle a heavier machine due to leg strength. i'd appreciate any thoughts. thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

keep up with the oil changes, use decent oil and the bike should last even at 60 (both of you :lol:)

Leave it at home and buy a bicycle,,,,,,, legs will get strong

Then get a bigger motorcycle,,,,,,, legs will get weaker

Then buy it back

Simples :D

Thanks for the advice, but i might have to wait for Obama's national health to qualify for a free bicycle. I was talking about 60mph not 60kph. I hope that doesn't mean I'd be 95 years old if I moved to the UK!!

The bike doesn't come with a tachometer anyway, so you just have to listen to the revs.

Well maintained Dragstars (or V-Stars, for the US market) have 3 basic sounds.

1/. Grumble grumble, revs too low. Bike struggles and judders, which means you might want to consider dropping a gear.

2/. Revvy revvy revy - Right in the powerband and doing nicely.

3/. Screamy screamy - Change up a gear!!!!!

A 125 Drag will handle 70mph quite happily, so a 250 should be fine.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online