wire spoked wheels

pepperami
This post is 5256 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

heres the thing! my xs400 bitsa has ally wheels at the moment and they are fine.... But i want to convert it to wire spoked wheels.

If i coulds find some from another XS that would be great... But i have more chance of putting my own foot in my ear than i have finding XS wire spoked wheels!!!

so i plan to look elsewhere (breakers yards), but what i would like to know is do any of you lot out there know what other bikes might have wire spoked wheels that could be compatible/match.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

heres the thing! my xs400 bitsa has ally wheels at the moment and they are fine.... But i want to convert it to wire spoked wheels.

If i coulds find some from another XS that would be great... But i have more chance of putting my own foot in my ear than i have finding XS wire spoked wheels!!!

so i plan to look elsewhere (breakers yards), but what i would like to know is do any of you lot out there know what other bikes might have wire spoked wheels that could be compatible/match.

You need to speak to dewpy, he's got a set on his 400 and they do look much better than the mags.

Where do you live mate?

In the UK the XS250 came with spoked wheels (drum rear and tls front) and they come up on ebay from time to time.

There is also a huge market for XS's in Germany and there is normally something on German ebay as well.

A lot of the time you will want to replace the spokes and maybe the rims, so save weight in postage by getting the seller to chop out the hubs and send those only.

Caddy

Ps All these ideas are stolen from Drewpy !!!

Where do you live mate?

In the UK the XS250 came with spoked wheels (drum rear and tls front) and they come up on ebay from time to time.

There is also a huge market for XS's in Germany and there is normally something on German ebay as well.

A lot of the time you will want to replace the spokes and maybe the rims, so save weight in postage by getting the seller to chop out the hubs and send those only.

Caddy

Ps All these ideas are stolen from Drewpy !!!

B)

xs250 uk version had disks front and back ( and i got 2 sets, and i'm using them :P )

buy the whole bike if you have to, one went on ebay a month ago for about £150

thank you for that lads.. :) what about the SR250 wheels do they fit?

i think the front wheel is 19"

at first i thought F*!k that, my bike can only be worth £200 max and i`m not paying £499 for another pile of junk just to get some wire spoked wheels..... so i am going to e-mail him and see if he wants to sell the wheels seperately.

thank you for the pointer Mr D

Pepperami, I have a front end and rear wheel from a XS250C that has a twin leading shoe front and drum rear spoked wheels. I bought them for my XS400 project but I've since had a change of heart (I think?)and I'm going with the mags. If you are interested let me know...

All the best

Caddy

Pepperami, I have a front end and rear wheel from a XS250C that has a twin leading shoe front and drum rear spoked wheels. I bought them for my XS400 project but I've since had a change of heart (I think?)and I'm going with the mags. If you are interested let me know...

All the best

Caddy

oo! oo! yes i am interested!! i will send pm??

All the best

Caddy

dont know if my PM got to you ? :unsure: let me know if not and i will re-send

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online