number plate

bobbyhollie05
This post is 5324 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Download the DVLA PDF document here

It has been subject to many threads and with no prejudice to anyone, here are the legal requirements of a bike number plate.

Therefore as already mentioned in other threads if you decide to adjust your plate outside of the guidelines then you do so at your own risk...

Letter height - 64mm

Letter Width - 44mm

Letter thickness 10mm

Spacing - 10mm

Group Space - 30mm

Top Margin - 25mm

Side Margin - 25mm

Font should comply with BS AU 145d (these templates are held by dealerships and most sign makers)

Group Spacing refers to the blocks of letters and numbers within the first and second part of your registration. Top and side Margin is the space between the outside of the plate and the start of the letters/numbers.

Download the DVLA PDF document here

It has been subject to many threads and with no prejudice to anyone, here are the legal requirements of a bike number plate.

Therefore as already mentioned in other threads if you decide to adjust your plate outside of the guidelines then you do so at your own risk...

Letter height - 64mm

Letter Width - 44mm

Letter thickness 10mm

Spacing - 10mm

Group Space - 30mm

Top Margin - 25mm

Side Margin - 25mm

Font should comply with BS AU 145d (these templates are held by dealerships and most sign makers)

Group Spacing refers to the blocks of letters and numbers within the first and second part of your registration. Top and side Margin is the space between the outside of the plate and the start of the letters/numbers.

yes but it's different for certain classic/vintage bikes which depends on year of registration!!

drewps

Where'd you buy it?

Approved place = Check it and get a refund.

eBay or similar = If they claim it's legal, chase for refund. If not, tough.

My 125 failed its MOT (in part) due to the number plate as the letters were black with grey middle. Was a surprise to me as the bike was sold with it (different dealer). When I queried this with the MOT person, they said the law must have changed within the past year(?) and changed the number plate for free - mind the new number plate has a 10mm bit that protrudes below it that advertises the dealer (may take my jigsaw to it...)

My brother's 125 had the same font (again bike bought with it already on) & passed its MOT (different dealer to the one that failed mine).

And my friend's Ninja came brand new with the same two tone font... all bikes have standard size plates though & none of us have had problems with the police BUT...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online