New look

barkwindjammer
This post is 5227 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just my opinion, for what its worth, I thought the previous style of forum was a heck of a lot easier on the eyes, mebbe I'm just getting old !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree. I miss the drop down allowing to mark forum as read and return to board index. It now take an extra click and mouse moving to achieve the same.

Another forum I visit has also upgraded a few weeks ago and just about getting used to it now but it is no better for the user. I accept sometimes you have to take the next step and upgrade the software, but it just doesn't look right.

PS I'm now 60 so allowed to be grumpy!

You can still mark the forum as read.

I you click general (or whatever forum you want to go in) on the dark blue bar to the right is the option to mark as read

It is a new layout, but it is very easy to use once (like everything else) you get used to it and it is very user friendly.

You can still mark the forum as read.

I you click general (or whatever forum you want to go in) on the dark blue bar to the right is the option to mark as read

It is a new layout, but it is very easy to use once (like everything else) you get used to it and it is very user friendly.

Is there any way to switch off the Advertising banner ? :huh:

Fraid not - they are what help keep the site running!

Hi sweets :) , was asking cos when I click on my name to get to messages an stuff the drop down menu drops behind the annoying coloured guy with the potatoe head and the British gassed overalls ?

also, I dont seem to be able to reply to any older messages?, is that cos I have'nt payed my tenner'ish? :huh:

Hi sweets :) , was asking cos when I click on my name to get to messages an stuff the drop down menu drops behind the annoying coloured guy with the potatoe head and the British gassed overalls ?

also, I dont seem to be able to reply to any older messages?, is that cos I have'nt payed my tenner'ish? :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Use Firefox 3.5 , with AdBlock plus and FlashBlock, and all your problemas dissappear.

At least the coloured guy with the potatoe head and the British gassed overalls

;)

Use Firefox 3.5 , with AdBlock plus and FlashBlock, and all your problemas dissappear.

;)

I wasn't calling you sweets by the way, I'm not that kind :blink:

;)

that explains why I don't see any advertising :lol:

" Hi you ,disgusting YamaGod :angry: , was asking cos when I click on my name to get to messages an stuff the drop down menu drops behind the annoying coloured guy with the potatoe head and the British gassed overalls ?

also, I dont seem to be able to reply to any older messages?, is that cos I have'nt payed my tenner'ish? :angry: "

¿ Much better, bark ?

:lol: :lol:

By the way, ¿ how do you put a word/phrase, under the avatar ?, like bolloxed in Drewp´s or a jock in Bark´s. :mellow:

that explains why I don't see any advertising :lol:

:lol: :lol:

By the way, ¿ how do you put a word/phrase, under the avatar ?, like bolloxed in Drewp´s or a jock in Bark´s. :mellow:

access through "my profile" settings

access through "my profile" settings

you have to be using firebocks v5 or your 'profile menu' will drop down behind 'potatoe head' :mellow:

I did that, but never found the option.Be more specific ,please, Drewp.

:unsure:

Go to 'disable potatoe head v4.9' type fixnonbrokenstuff/exe into firebocks folder 'wince/oohdifferentbutnotasgoodorsimplelikeuspeepscoswelikethingsthewaytheyare.partition

try that, I think I've put all the right helpfull stuff in there, if not, just switch to British gass

:mellow:

im not one for complaining(much) but weres my st georges flag gone,and whys my intrests in its place,WTF is this potato man ,i aint seen it,and why im on a roll the forum ran well b4 .now it runs slower and plays up,iff it works why fixit, doh.

I'm as nervous as a tomcat going to the vets after the first night I've kept my owners awake, whenever upgrades take place.... Call it 22 years of experience, call it grumpy old git, whatever you call it there are always problems, whether these are just daft 'undocumented features' or real 'christ we need to regress this out' pant staining F'cups - either way I think this one has been pretty painless on the whole.

I'll confess I realy didn't like the new layout, and I too have lost my lovely St Georges Cross, but then I've lost everyone's flags !

Getting used to it now, and the new link locations.

Progress! it just means change, but hopefully for the better !!

I'm as nervous as a tomcat going to the vets after the first night I've kept my owners awake, whenever upgrades take place.... Call it 22 years of experience, call it grumpy old git, whatever you call it there are always problems, whether these are just daft 'undocumented features' or real 'christ we need to regress this out' pant staining F'cups - either way I think this one has been pretty painless on the whole.

I'll confess I realy didn't like the new layout, and I too have lost my lovely St Georges Cross, but then I've lost everyone's flags !

Getting used to it now, and the new link locations.

Progress! it just means change, but hopefully for the better !!

"either way I think this one has been pretty painless on the whole"

That might be spelled wrong Gatso-lego, isn't it spelled 'hole'? :unsure::P

Yep I'm getting used to the new lay-out too, we showing our age m8y :huh:

"either way I think this one has been pretty painless on the whole"

That might be spelled wrong Gatso-lego, isn't it spelled 'hole'?

I may well be a kick of the ar$e from Scotlandshire, but we don't tent to put upgrades down our pants south of the wall. Our software is up to the job, the firmware is always in a serviceable condition too......

I may well be a kick of the ar$e from Scotlandshire, but we don't tent to put upgrades down our pants south of the wall. Our software is up to the job, the firmware is always in a serviceable condition too......

:o:lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online