dt 175 ignition help

yazholes
This post is 5366 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hay guys got the old girl going :D figured out what it was couse the bike had been sitting for so long there was rust on the coil where it bolts to the frame stoping it from making an earth. the explanation on the wiering helped to. thanks for all your help guys :rolleyes: .

now that i have it running it will idle realy good with the choke on but wont idle with it off what could the problum be. thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good news about it running now.

With the issue of not running off choke

is the air filter all connected up and standard?

If so check the mixture screw is around 1 1/2 turn out from gently closed.

Still got a problem now then perhaps its a blocked pilot jet, you should be able to see daylight through it. Soak it in carb cleaner and blow it through with compressed air but take care not to lose it doing this...its easily done.

...Paul

Good news about it running now.

With the issue of not running off choke

is the air filter all connected up and standard?

If so check the mixture screw is around 1 1/2 turn out from gently closed.

Still got a problem now then perhaps its a blocked pilot jet, you should be able to see daylight through it. Soak it in carb cleaner and blow it through with compressed air but take care not to lose it doing this...its easily done.

...Paul

you guys are great. i dont have an air cleaner on it becouse i dont have the oridgnal one, is that going to be a problum? is there a way around it. thanks heps

you guys are great. i dont have an air cleaner on it becouse i dont have the oridgnal one, is that going to be a problum? is there a way around it. thanks heps

If you are using it for bush bashing you really really need a filter or the dust will kill it stone dead, one of the pod filters will be fine with a light coating of WD40 or similar.

I assume water is not your problem just dust and the really fine desert type stuff is killer for engines.

I can send you a pic of my air filter workaround if you want. i also run a dt175 without the stock filter

Advice from the man who's been there and done it.

Has the filter housing / battery box been removed then? if you still have it replacement filters are still available, if you do use a different filter such as a pod filter then you will likely need to increase the main jet size to stop the motor from running lean and overheating.

...Paul

Has the filter housing / battery box been removed then? if you still have it replacement filters are still available, if you do use a different filter such as a pod filter then you will likely need to increase the main jet size to stop the motor from running lean and overheating.

...Paul

can i make one up out of foam in a steele mesh box. or use one off another bike.. thanks