Gutted - dented fuel tank

mits007
This post is 4479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Absolutely gutted - parked my bike at the hairdressers, (on a slope) and as I opened the door, the bike slowly rolled forwards, off the side stand and met the floor. :(

snapped clutch handle and a painful dent on the fuel tank - absolutely gutted.

Any1 know anyone local - Preston (Lancshire) area where I could get my dragstars fuel tank filled and restored?.. its a flat matt black colour - will try and post some pics - man I'm sooo depressed - I think I'd rather have broken a limb :(

Can any1 help me please?...

many thanks,

-Mits-

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you could try the water method and freez the dent out just drain fuel out fill with water to the top bung all holes up and put in a freezer then the water will expand and push the dent out but it may crack the tank

Thanks, but I was thinking of getting it resprayed again, so really need some1 to knock the dent out and re-spray .... Any one?...

I think I'm gonna cry :-(

no point in crying over spilt milk :) i need to get mine resprayed as well :/ from my off the other week

Absolutely gutted - parked my bike at the hairdressers, (on a slope) and as I opened the door, the bike slowly rolled forwards, off the side stand and met the floor. :(

snapped clutch handle and a painful dent on the fuel tank - absolutely gutted.

-Mits-

Aagghh! dammit, didnt you leave it in gear?...very painful lesson if the answer is no... :(

Nope... in neutral... What a dope....

Wont be doing that again.... :-(

I've been quoted £160 for a fill up and re-spray/laquer of the fuel tank ... Seems a bit pricey... Can any1 recommend any1?.... preferably near preston - am willing to hand carry my tank say - 30 miles radius?...

regards,

-Mits-

Nope... in neutral... What a dope....

Wont be doing that again.... :-(

I've been quoted £160 for a fill up and re-spray/laquer of the fuel tank ... Seems a bit pricey... Can any1 recommend any1?.... preferably near preston - am willing to hand carry my tank say - 30 miles radius?...

regards,

-Mits-

hi , iff you know were BOC is in bolton theirs a guy called rob at dent master he should knock the dent out,i can highly recommend him ive used him myself a few times as for respray cant help with that one.dent masters phone no is 07813023669 ,i found him quit cheep. its on manchester road bolton .nr raiks lane tip.

• 2 years later...

man up it happend you carnt change it just only fix it so thats wat you gotta do i did my xj6 on monday and snaped the fairings and chipped the paint in difrent places on the tank my brother calls me crash bandicoot hahahah what about in bournemouth anyone ????? please ?

man up it happend you carnt change it just only fix it so thats wat you gotta do i did my xj6 on monday and snaped the fairings and chipped the paint in difrent places on the tank my brother calls me crash bandicoot hahahah what about in bournemouth anyone ????? please ?

the previous posts are 2 1/2 years old - he's probably long over it..

might be worth starting a fresh thread for your own XJ6 query.

This post is 4479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.