What Music?

Froggy125
This post is 5375 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A band I used to like and now sadly split was Faith No More.

Mike Patton was fucking brilliant....best front man since Bon.

Notice I said "front man" not singer...that honour obviously has to go to Paul Rodgers! 8)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

LET'S ROCK!!

Yep I'm a rock man, My fav band is The Foo Fighters Always has been always will be :)

Foo Fighters? Nirvana rejects!

I'm a rock chick at heart but like most women I like "music to slit your wrists with" you know like radiohead' coldplay etc :wink: :lol::lol:

LET'S ROCK!!

Yep I'm a rock man, My fav band is The Foo Fighters Always has been always will be :) I pretty much like anything guitar orientated - well alternative music, But none of that Busted / Blink 182 kinda shit, But i do like Papa roach, I think they have some really good songs and are very under rated, at first they seem to come across as a Cheesy "New" punk band, .. But if you really listen to the lyrics it's quite deep, anyway .....

And of course Ozzy.

/me let's hair down and starts rocking out! in the middle of the office :twisted:

I'm a rock chick at heart but like most women I like "music to slit your wrists with" you know like radiohead' coldplay etc   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

yes another woman can you post a pic pleas honey :wink:

yammie girl we are making you redundant........onlyjoking 8)

Opps sorry about that, I don't know how that happened (the double post thing) ..Anyway

Foo Fighters... Nirvana rejects.. No not at all, If FF were trying to be like nirvana by playing the same style of music then yeah I'd agree with you.

But it's not like Dave Grohl thought great, nirvana is over now it's my turn to be upfront and get some lime light, .. because he was always a singer/guitarist pre nirvana, he only became a drummer because no one else wanted to do it (in band b4 nirvana) then just carried on with it, if everyone thought that FF only came about because of the success nirvana, then they wouldn't still be doing as good as they are now. Grohl is very talented the first FF album was all done by him, he played guitar/bass/drums and did all the vocals .. Ok some of the early songs are a bit cheesy but at the same time at gigs the crowd goes mad when they play them.

A year ago he went back to drumming to recorded the new Queens of the stone age album (songs for the def), Foo Fighters won 2 Grammy Awards: Best Rock Album for There Is Nothing Left To Lose and Best Short Form Music Video for "Learn To Fly". Grohl and Hawkins joined 2 of the 3 surviving members of Queen, guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor, onstage for a Rocking version of the Queen classic "Tie Your Mother Down.". Also Grohl has formed a "band"(well more like a collection of people to work with) called PROBOT, Working alongside people from Soulfly/Venom/Sepultura/Corrosion of conformity/mercyful fate/voivod/Napalm Death and even the one, the only ...Lemmy from Motorhead :P

So do you think that all of these big names and even a few legends of the music world would work with Dave Grohl... who is as you say, simply "a Nirvana Reject" ?

Cheers.

:roll:  I suppose so...           I just really don't like foo fighters though.

Never mind

Yeah thats cool, I totally respect your opinion, you don't have to like them, .. it would be a sad world if everyone was the same, unless we're talking about bikes :lol:

Cheers

• 5 years later...

A band I used to like and now sadly split was Faith No More.

Mike Patton was fucking brilliant....best front man since Bon.

Notice I said "front man" not singer...that honour obviously has to go to Paul Rodgers! 8)

ALL OF EM LEGENDS!!! :hail:

Faith No More have recently got their sh1t back together again and are currently on tour! :rah: and are on at this weekends LEEDS FESTIVAL - albeit on the 2nd stage but hey ho...

My music taste is very eclectic...child of the 80's so loving that, went through my raver stage in the 90's but favor the rock / alternative overall to be honest - classic to present :headbang: