two stroke oil

up.yours
This post is 5386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i use silkolene comp2 pre-mix 2T off road ,in my 1981 rd350lc ,with no problems,i was told too by my mate,joshua2,i ring its neck on most sundays with very little smoke and no oily build up in the pipes,the only problem is it cost £46.75p for a 4L bottle.now that + the fuel works out expensive, i use 350ml of oil to 12L of fuel.what do you lot use ,and what you using it in and for how long you bin using it,+the cost..ta kev :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Castrol TTS (think it is now called power). £11 - £12 for a litre of the stuff in halfrauds. Use it in my TZR250, no premix though as it still has a perfectly working oil pump ;) .

i use Comma brand oil in both my bikes (semi synth), in the jawa i mix 300ml in with every 10litres but the yammy is autolube :/ a 1l bottle of oil is about 4.95 and lasts just over 3 10l fillups

i use Comma brand oil in both my bikes (semi synth), in the jawa i mix 300ml in with every 10litres but the yammy is autolube :/ a 1l bottle of oil is about 4.95 and lasts just over 3 10l fillups

hi foamy ,isnt that stuff for lawn mower engines,well a jawa is a lawn mower in disguise i suppose ? how you doin with them electrics ,hope your on top of them.

hi foamy ,isnt that stuff for lawn mower engines,well a jawa is a lawn mower in disguise i suppose ? how you doin with them electrics ,hope your on top of them.

haha, i admit the Jawa is a bit... erm... agricultural :lol: , looks like it may need a new alternator as ive checked the reg/rec and havent got a decent no-load current coming off the alternator, but atleast now i know what it is.

BTW Tesco do semi-synth for £4/Litre, cheaper than Comma and now im using the tesco stuff as the shops were shut today when i needed some ¬¬

haha, i admit the Jawa is a bit... erm... agricultural :lol: , looks like it may need a new alternator as ive checked the reg/rec and havent got a decent no-load current coming off the alternator, but atleast now i know what it is.

BTW Tesco do semi-synth for £4/Litre, cheaper than Comma and now im using the tesco stuff as the shops were shut today when i needed some ¬¬

put a few thousand miles on the clock,and ring its neck while your doing them, then let me know if the engine seizes' :lol::lol:

put a few thousand miles on the clock,and ring its neck while your doing them, then let me know if the engine seizes' :lol::lol:

it seizes no matter what i do to it, its on its 3rd bore already :lol:

it seizes no matter what i do to it, its on its 3rd bore already :lol:

i think you ought to try this silky i use then.

nah i cant afford that! The DT has done over 6k on its current bore on the comma stuff and its all the same at the end of the day. A new bore is only 30 odd quid so after about 400-500 miles when ive used 4l of oil its cheaper to change the bore when needed ;)

nah i cant afford that! The DT has done over 6k on its current bore on the comma stuff and its all the same at the end of the day. A new bore is only 30 odd quid so after about 400-500 miles when ive used 4l of oil its cheaper to change the bore when needed ;)

Here -here, i"l second that stevey, i was running the Castrol R, for a while . smells great. but gummed me rings . [ go on O.Git I told u so] had to caustic soda the piston to free them out. :( .

So am on the semi-sinthetic now carlube- or rock oil ,, u live and learn :D

As a complete newbie to 2-stroke bikes, i have to ask this question, sorry for the lil hijack guys.. what's the difference between the stuff put in bikes, and the stuff i use for my Stihl FS-85 strimmer? its in everyday hard use that strimmer, can't imagine the oil is less lubricating.. my best guess ring gumming at low rpm? or something do to with the (everloving) emissions?

have put a splash in a pre-mix before when experimenting with ethanol blends (<50%) in 4-strokes as ethanol isn't as lubricating as petrol.. didn't ruin anything :lol:

As a complete newbie to 2-stroke bikes, i have to ask this question, sorry for the lil hijack guys.. what's the difference between the stuff put in bikes, and the stuff i use for my Stihl FS-85 strimmer? its in everyday hard use that strimmer, can't imagine the oil is less lubricating.. my best guess ring gumming at low rpm? or something do to with the (everloving) emissions?

have put a splash in a pre-mix before when experimenting with ethanol blends (<50%) in 4-strokes as ethanol isn't as lubricating as petrol.. didn't ruin anything :lol:

well im no expert ,thats why im asking the questions,but i wouldnt put it in mi elsie, :blink:

Now then yeh mad hoor :D ,, stihl oil is good stuff saws & the like are worked hard. [they say not guarintee other oils in there saws] Any way gonna post this link [great oil debate ] to enlighted u"oil debate. press the search on page . fk fno" wots up wi google .

Here -here, i"l second that stevey, i was running the Castrol R, for a while . smells great. but gummed me rings . [ go on O.Git I told u so] had to caustic soda the piston to free them out. :( .

So am on the semi-sinthetic now carlube- or rock oil ,, u live and learn :D

so since youve bean useing the carlube n rock oil have you had any problems.

so since youve bean useing the carlube n rock oil have you had any problems.

Yes. His in growing toe nail has come back. :lol::lol::lol:

ATB

J

Yes. His in growing toe nail has come back. :lol::lol::lol:

ATB

J

hi there shit face ,do you want a ride out tomorrow ,let me know tonight. :offtopic:

hi there shit face ,do you want a ride out tomorrow ,let me know tonight. :offtopic:

When I see 'shit face' next I will pass on your message.

'UpYours' is living proof that all men are animals. He just proves that some make better pets. :rolleyes:

ATB

J :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online