gyt kit

yamadoger
This post is 5307 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

does any body on here know anything about these kits for old bikes and sleds,an info source ,specs,a link anything.

please & thanx

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a lot of 70-78 yamaha sleds 292-433. I am hoping for info on any gyt kits for any of these old sleds,or for older bikes like the dt,rd,yz all mid to late 70's ,and especially for a 69 ct-1

has no one ever heard of the yamaha factory perfomance kit, the GYT kit was available from the dealer when you bought your bike or snowmobile. This kit included tuned pipes, carbs, clutch set, a complete top end with bigger ports and more compression.

wow i thought i didnt know much about these parts, i have to say I'm disapointed there are so many yamaha fans,and so little info!

does any body on here know anything about these kits for old bikes and sleds,an info source ,specs,a link anything.

please & thanx

gyt kits have not been available over here since the sixties During the 1960's Yamaha supplied many so called GYT kits for many models, but when the "real" race-kit parts became available for the AS1 everything changed.so most people on here being younger would not have heard of them.they were more popular your side of the pond and were available longer,maybe some of the older guys your side might be able to help. ;)

[thanks for your input i was looking through my old parts manual and this kit was mentioned, i was interested in the expansion pipe specs for an old race sled i am building. young people can know about the old stuff too, i am 23,got my first yamaha when i was 10, an old gp292

• 3 months later...

The gyt kit was a factory upgrade kit that lasted till the early seventies. I know everything there is to know about the kits as far as twin streetbikes go but have no idea about the sleds.

I have the measurements to modify the existing cylinders and pistons, as well as the measurements to make the pipes from scratch for the old two stroke twins. What motor do you need it for specifically? If I have something, I can post it up.

I have the measurements to modify the existing cylinders and pistons, as well as the measurements to make the pipes from scratch for the old two stroke twins. What motor do you need it for specifically? If I have something, I can post it up.

do you recognize your gt-80 in my avatar?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online