tax in post

garysb
This post is 5412 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry to appear a bit thick, :blink: but just renewed my tax disc online and would like to know if i can ride till new one arrives as old one ran out 3 months ago and was sorn'd.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to appear a bit thick, :blink: but just renewed my tax disc online and would like to know if i can ride till new one arrives as old one ran out 3 months ago and was sorn'd.

Cheers

from what im told, u can.. as its all on a centralised database..

BUT im not sure, so pretend this post doesnt exist :unsure:

Cheers

if you had googled dvla you would have found this quote onthere site about taxing online

You can renew your tax any day from the fifth day of the month.

If you prefer to tax in the last few days of the month, there is now an exemption from the offence of not displaying a tax disc. This exemption covers the first five working days of the month and allows time for the new disc to arrive in the post.

The exemption only applies if applications are made before the current tax disc or SORN expires.

hope that helps

A copper could still be in a foul mood and hassle you for failure to display.

Personally, I go to the Post Office or local DVLA office and get a disc there and then.

A copper could still be in a foul mood and hassle you for failure to display.

Personally, I go to the Post Office or local DVLA office and get a disc there and then.

you are right one copper might ignore it another one might have got out of bed the wrong side or not like bikes, this is how stupid the law is,now with anpr they can tell before getting out of there car that you are taxed have insurance and a current mot but the offence is not displaying a current tax disc.

a few years ago i got my tax reminder and a few days later went to the post office and renewed my tax when i came outside and came to put my new tax disc in i discovered that my tax disc holder was missing ! god knows how long i had been running about without it, to this day i dont know if it had been stolen or just fell off. :unsure:

you are right one copper might ignore it another one might have got out of bed the wrong side or not like bikes,

Ah.

All the copper can do is report you, the police do not prosecute for this - the DVLA lot would be the ones to decide on a presecution. If you are talking about the difference in time between paying the RFL and delivery it is very very unlikely they would persure. Most coppers have very little working knowledge of the RTA (road traffic act), unless you have a traffic cop, and they generaly wouldn't bother unless you are doing something stupid...

However, you have 3 months of unpaid RFL, so this does change things. You could still find yourself in trouble for failing to complete the SORN or tax the bike. When you disc arrives, check the dates on it - don't be suprised if you find it's backdated........

or you might be lucky.

What about Evil Jobsworth Motherfu...... I mean, Traffic Wardens?

Cheers

Depends on the start date on the new tax disc, as you stated the bike was sorn'd you could be pulled over for riding a sorn declared vehicle. Apart from that, the failure to display can be sorted by a records check by the officer over the radio.

I had a similar problem last year when I was pulled over for riding a sorned bike & I'd taxed it 2 days earlier (over the counter at a post office).