The Sons Of Anarchy thread....

Ttaskmaster
This post is 5407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I cannot believe there isn't already a thread about this....

Sons Of Anarchy.

A TV show starring Ron Perlman, Charlie Hunnam and Tommy Flanagan, about an outlaw Motorcycle Club in North California.

Screens on the FX channel 10pm Tuesdays in the UK.

Currently screening Season 1 - US is already on Season 2 :)

So... who's a fan, then?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Been watching this since it started - the first couple of episodes were REALLY good - but now its hit and miss IMHO.

Its very far-fetched too - the OH reckons its a modern day Macbeth!

We still watch it, but its really gone downhill and is turning into a right pile of shit - not enough bike stuff in it, they ride around on horrible Harleys with fuckin handlebar fairings on (akin to 1970's Australian biker movies), and the highlight of the last few episodes was when the Mayans turned up on some PROPER chops and shot the shit out of them, which was well deserved because they ride such piles of shite. :lol:

I'll watch it till the end, see whether it gets any better, but the storyline went off on a tangent a couple of weeks back and didn't really make any sense from the previous one!

If you wanna see something a lot better, written by the same people, give The Shield a go.

They have some Technical Advisors from the actual Backpatch clubs (specifically, one of the big five).

However, the most common complaint from bikers is that details are inaccurate.

The most common argument is betwixt said bikers over said details, because some do the very things in their club that others say a club would never do!!!

So - Don't expect 100% accuracy and allow for a slight exaggeration for entertainment purposes.

Other than that, it's FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Ron Perlman is a great choice for Chapter President :D

Drama, comedy, bikes, bikers, women.... It's all there, man!!!

They have some Technical Advisors from the actual Backpatch clubs (specifically, one of the big five).

However, the most common complaint from bikers is that details are inaccurate.

The most common argument is betwixt said bikers over said details, because some do the very things in their club that others say a club would never do!!!

So - Don't expect 100% accuracy and allow for a slight exaggeration for entertainment purposes.

I dont - i know what goes on in patch clubs - spent enough time with them! BUT - i DO think it gives bike clubs a bad name, even if it is entertainment, and after events over the past couple of years involving clubs - maybe its not gonna do them any favours.

Other than that, it's FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Are you watching the same programme i am? :lol:

Ron Perlman is a great choice for Chapter President :D

Drama, comedy, bikes, bikers, women.... It's all there, man!!!

Yes, yes, and yes! Ron Perlman is fuckin BRILLIANT anyway - and he plays this part perfectly.

I have watched a few episodes, and must say its a fairly good show. I would watch the entire series, but I'm not the type to schedule my life around t.v. programs. I'll wait for it to come out on dvd to watch it all.

** I must disagree with the show giving bikers a bad name, the only thing that will do that is bikers. I dont know from experience, but i've heard of good and bad clubs. I also have seen two seperate episodes 'Gangland' about biker clubs. One from Florida, the other from Califonia. These to groups did some leathal low down dispicitable stuff.

Its very far-fetched too - the OH reckons its a modern day Macbeth!

It's very, very loosely based on aspects of Hamlet... But then, many of the good shows are.

As for 'far-fetched'.... well, yeah - If it wasn't, there'd be nothing happening most days and it'd be booooooring. Shit has to happen to make it interesting!!

not enough bike stuff in it,

If you want to see stuff about bikes, watch Orange County Choppers, Men & Motors or one of the many other docu-things already out there.

This is about people. They just happen to be bikers, which allows for more interesting plot points than the shite Eastenders comes out with. It's a seriously hardcore version of Desperate Housewives :D

SAMCRO is not what it's supposed to be anyway. That's one of the obvious plot points ;)

they ride around on horrible Harleys with fuckin handlebar fairings on (akin to 1970's Australian biker movies),

So you don't like their bikes.... Who cares? It's about the people, characters, multiple levels, intertwining plots and all that shit.

which was well deserved because they ride such piles of shite. :lol:

Ooooh, you're harsh!! :D

I know what goes on in patch clubs - spent enough time with them!

See, half agree it's an overly dramatised, but realistic version, half say it's nothing like it. Depends how the Club is run.

Despite several chapters, SAMCRO is basically a small MC, which we don't have that many of in the UK. Most seem to follow one of the other Club formulae.

One guy told me that Prospects would never be sat in on meetings, whereas another guys has said he did that very thing when he was Prospecting.

BUT - i DO think it gives bike clubs a bad name, even if it is entertainment, and after events over the past couple of years involving clubs - maybe its not gonna do them any favours.

I don't think it will. Certain characters, yes and people still have trouble with the concept of anti-heroes, but for the most part, they are good-hearted boys with a srong sense of family and the high ratings would suggest people are slowly warming to this idea.

The downside is already on the way - When unsuspecting members of the public start buying the unlicenced Patches (Fox has point-blank refused to licence these to anyone because they understand what Patches mean), ie the 4-piece Backpatch set and try to wear them on Cuts on the streets. There was hassle over the Black Label Society patches and there will be trouble over the patches you can already buy on eBay from some unwitting/unscrupulous sellers.

Yes, yes, and yes! Ron Perlman is fuckin BRILLIANT anyway - and he plays this part perfectly.

He wasn't sure he could.

Character-wise, he is similar to several chaps I know and I know some who remind me of the other characters.

Eastenders, shite, wo-choo oan abaaaaat, you slaggg !, I've got a wellard now :blush:

yes agreed, we should all get out more :)

I think it is really good hopefully it will get better as i think its a little slow on the bike / action side HOWEVER it can be as slow as it wants on the scenes with Jacks in mmmmm :icon_cheesygrin:

• 2 weeks later...

sorry cant take this programme seriously because katey sagel who plays ron perlemans other half used to be peggy bundy :lol:

keep waiting for al bundy to show up :D

Katey is the wife of the writer.

You'll start taking it seriously when you see the ending of the episode where that girl gets raped.

It's a graphic ending, but very justified, I think.

Oh, and the part where the former member is wearing the wrong tattoo......

Katey is the wife of the writer.

You'll start taking it seriously when you see the ending of the episode where that girl gets raped.

It's a graphic ending, but very justified, I think.

Oh, and the part where the former member is wearing the wrong tattoo......

and also played the part of peggy bundy! so when somebody has played such a memorable part as that i just picture her as peggy its not as though she is such a great actor that i overcome that aspect. ;)

having downloaded all season one as i do with a lot of american series my american mates tell me are worth watching ,i still cant take it seriously,graphic scenes like that dont do it for me ,now real life thats different.

Both the scenes mentioned above are copied directly from real life MC activities that made the papers.

The latter was a power tool. I won't say more, in case of spoilers for those who are still watching season 1.

Peggy Bundy may not have required good acting, but I think she does a stunning job of being the powerful woman in this show. I know a couple like her, which is what sticks in my mind the most.

She can be so evil as Gemma that I keep expecting Ted Bundy to show up as hired help!!!

I guess I have a good imagination, so I can overcome bad acting.

Hell, I can even imagine Kevin Costner portraying his characters with depth!! :lol:

Jax is annoying, with his Gangsta style, but apparently even that's correct. Been talking to some West Coast MC peeps and they say that's very much what the young'un Bikers are like out there :blink:

Even more bizzare is that the guy who plays Jax is actually from Newcastle and normally speaks with a heavy Geordie accent :lol:

still enjoyed it for what it was and will be downloading season two in september, would loved to have seen or should i say heard jax with his geordie accent. :lol:

The American is starting to embed itself in his latest interviews, but go watch Byker Grove, Hooligan or Queer As Folk - he played Nathan Maloney in that last one!!!

"The chicken has landed!!!!" :lol:

Watched last week's episode last night as i was away woth the kiddies in Cornwall so had to V+ it :lol:

GREAT episode on par with the first few - lets hope it continues for the rest of the series! Roll on tonights! :D

GREAT episode on par with the first few - lets hope it continues for the rest of the series! Roll on tonights! :D

See - Shit happens. Not every day, else that'd be a bit far-fetched, but shit is happening!!

they ride around on horrible Harleys with fuckin handlebar fairings on (akin to 1970's Australian biker movies)

I was talking to some 'local guys' about this and mentioned your comment.

Apparently that's quite common out on the West Coast - Clubs favouring a particular style of bike (beyond it just being an American brand) almost like a symbol of Club identity.

SOA started as a club in 1967, so it fits that they still ride outdated styles.

I don't like them myself, but it makes sense......

• 2 weeks later...

LMFAO over this episode!!!

Jax's face when he peeked through the door :blink::lol:

I liked how everything was a fairly quiet episode. It made for a far more impacting ending, with that rather unexpected SMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHYOURFACEINONTHETABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek2:

...........................................'kinell, eh? :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online