Why are Yamaha bikes so cheap?

kevinmuff
This post is 5436 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am looking to buy my first sport bike, and I have noticed that all the 600 series bikes from Honda, Suzuki, and such are around $13,000 CAN. But the Yamaha 600 series bikes are more around $9,000 CAN, and the 1000 series Yamaha bikes are around the same price as a 600 series Honda, or Suzuki.

Why is this? Also, what should I be looking for in a bike? Should the low prices of Yamaha bikes worry me? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am looking to buy my first sport bike, and I have noticed that all the 600 series bikes from Honda, Suzuki, and such are around $13,000 CAN. But the Yamaha 600 series bikes are more around $9,000 CAN, and the 1000 series Yamaha bikes are around the same price as a 600 series Honda, or Suzuki.

Why is this? Also, what should I be looking for in a bike? Should the low prices of Yamaha bikes worry me? Thanks in advance for any responses.

don't know why thy are cheaper but that should not worry you Yamaha is one of if not the bike on the market

don't know why thy are cheaper but that should not worry you Yamaha is one of if not the bike on the market

Just seems so odd, I really like this one Honda bike, but the price is just ridiculious compared to Yamaha's bikes.

Also, if someone could answer me this, when people are talking about the "plastics" on a bike, some people say when its your first bike, to get a naked bike. Does this mean a bike with the least amount of plastic coverings around the engine and such?

its because the dont used named breaks,forks and stuf like that simply they make it all them selves

its because the dont used named breaks,forks and stuf like that simply they make it all them selves

oh, sounds good i guess. Could anyone suggest me a good beginners bike? Mostly, i will never be going top speed, mostly city driving, i want lots of mid range power i suppose.

Honda have traditionally been dearer, in part due to their superior build quality (which is true for a lot of their range) and because they consider themselves the most up-market of the japanese makers (something which they also think of their cars).

With the 600cc/1000cc sportsbikes in the UK, a lot of price is dictated by the how long the particular model has been on the market. If it is a new design in the 'two year cycle' then it tends to be at the higher end of the price range, if it is due to be replaced then it tends to be lower, this seems regardless of maker e.g. both the 08 R1 and the 08 gsxr were the cheapest 1000cc sportsbikes, but the new replacements are the dearest.

Other types of bikes seem to be priced according to demand, as often very close comparisons between different makers offerings can be hard, comparing the kawasaki er6 to the new diverion is difficult (due to differences in engine configuration etc).

Hi,All i got to say is if you looking for the best 600cc sports bike with a good pull go test the R6, BUY ONE (after test riding all the rest and realising that the R6 kicks the ass out of all the others) spend a bit of the cash you save on not paying over the odds on one of the others getting a decent pipe, filter and power commander and drop a couple teeth on front sprocket, map it all up and you WILL be a very happy :D owner of the AWESOME!! R6

YAMAHA FOREVER

Simon

Also, if someone could answer me this, when people are talking about the "plastics" on a bike, some people say when its your first bike, to get a naked bike. Does this mean a bike with the least amount of plastic coverings around the engine and such?

That's what they say and that's what they mean, yes.

The idea is that all new riders will at some point drop their bike.

Whether it's an off, or a Stopped & Dropped incident, it's supposedly an inevitability.

Personally, I have not actually dropped a bike. Came close a couple of times and it was a heavy bike, but never actually dropped.

Get what you like. Just be careful.

That's what they say and that's what they mean, yes.

The idea is that all new riders will at some point drop their bike.

Whether it's an off, or a Stopped & Dropped incident, it's supposedly an inevitability.

Personally, I have not actually dropped a bike. Came close a couple of times and it was a heavy bike, but never actually dropped.

Get what you like. Just be careful.

There are two groups of riders, those who have dropped their bike, and those who will, and the large majority of the first group are also in the second. :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online