swap MT-03 for XT660X

barwell1992
This post is 5445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

and it looks somewhat 'more cool'

Regards Jim

Jim, I do presume you mean the weelie bin?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Jim, I do presume you mean the weelie bin?

if you class the XT as a wheelie bin so be it ... but I still perfer that bike a bit above the MT

Regards Jim

if you class the XT as a wheelie bin so be it ... but I still perfer that bike a bit above the MT

Regards Jim

Point taken, basically it boils down to I don't know the difference between an XT and an MT.

Point taken, basically it boils down to I don't know the difference between an XT and an MT.

Hi Mike

XT=S/moto MT=Road I would guess the S/moto is more fun to ride over a std road bike when you are young ... back years I had an XT500/XT600Z (both) and an XS650S I must admit I perfered the XT's then but all things considered now (some what older) I guess I would perfer the XS650 ... I guess its an age thing :mellow:

Regards Jim

Hi Mike

XT=S/moto MT=Road I would guess the S/moto is more fun to ride over a std road bike when you are young ... back years I had an XT500/XT600Z (both) and an XS650S I must admit I perfered the XT's then but all things considered now (some what older) I guess I would perfer the XS650 ... I guess its an age thing :mellow:

Regards Jim

Cheers Jim, thanks for the explanation, I'm more of the TV series Heartbeat generation. Although I wasn't riding bikes then because I was in the RN my first ride as pillion was on a "Tiger Cub"? in 1964. Even now my dream bike would be an original Triumph Bonneville 750. How weird is this? My first ship was HMS Triumph

going with the XT

I see you came to your senses young man! :thumb:

The XT will take you to more places than the MT could ever hope to. ;)

I love both of mine to bits! :wub:

funny you say that thogh as some people have take the MT off road ans aparently its quite good as its designed like a super moto but looks like a road bike

but yeh if my dad does get the aprilia i will make sure i get the XT

The XT will take you to more places than the MT could ever hope to. ;)

Bearing in mind that you have got a lot more places to go to than us, we can't go more than 5 miles before we hit a village.

(No doubt I will get a few comments about the Moors, i.e. Yorkshire, Ilkley, Dartmoor. Exmoor.)

I would love to just get on a bike and ride, ride, ride and ride. I'm no more happier than when me and my little lad (6'4") are going to support our local team down the motorway.

Die-Hard 2-Wheeler

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 27

Isn't the above the home of Briggs & Stratton and "The Fonz"

Cheers Jim, thanks for the explanation, I'm more of the TV series Heartbeat generation. Although I wasn't riding bikes then because I was in the RN my first ride as pillion was on a "Tiger Cub"? in 1964. Even now my dream bike would be an original Triumph Bonneville 750. How weird is this? My first ship was HMS Triumph

Hi Mike,

I had a Bonnie new in 1979 , I know not an original one, which within 4 months was changed for an XS650S which did what it was advertised to do which, sadley, the Bonnie didn't

Regards Jim

XT hands down as supermoto's are so much more fun on the road because of their 'flickability'. Both good bikes but yeah the XT for me every time ;)

Die-Hard 2-Wheeler

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 27

Isn't the above the home of Briggs & Stratton and "The Fonz"

Hi Mark

and Harley .... or did you mean that with the ref to Briggs & Stratton ? :D

Regards Jim

Hi Mark

and Harley .... or did you mean that with the ref to Briggs & Stratton ? :D

Regards Jim

If Harley's were fitted with a B & S engine they wouldn't go very fast but they would start first time every time.

If Harley's were fitted with a B & S engine they wouldn't go very fast but they would start first time every time.

very cutting :lol:

very cutting :lol:

I wonder if Patrick Mower owns one :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online