swap MT-03 for XT660X

barwell1992
This post is 5436 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right well my dad dosent like his XT660X so might be geting an aprilia dorsoduro 750cc so we are either going to sell my MT and keep the XT or get ridof the XT

the XT has quill exhausts and is about to be dyno run and has some other mods the MT is standard apart from yamaha extras

the MT is a 2006 and has 4000miles the XT is 2007 and has 2700miles

hears both bikes

P1010765.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

the XT also has a hedight conversion

so what one would you chose and why as im not sure what i prefer

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

MT hands down mate, all the way! ;)

ok thats 1 for the mt lol

will be riding the XT soon

MT-03

The XT is a great bike, but I've never been a fan of Super Moto's - don't seam right to me, the XT is far better in it's R or Z form. They do go round corners chuffing quick though!

hmm intresting lol

the XT is my preferd bike because of the look of it but i do like the MT

and both bikes handel the same aparently but the XT has a bit more power and with those exhaust sounds like a beast

well as i sead will ride it soon and make my final decision on that but keep the sugestions up

XT660 MAN :) keep that

u wil get more for the mt03

realy hm we payed less for the MT-03 but got it at a bargain price £2750 with 2000miles and all the extras and the original bits if we were to sell it now we would want £3000 just because its been cleand up a lot and had its full service

the XT cost £3000 with all the extras (exhaust, K&N, Cyclops light, acrebis hand guards, new cnc fork brace and all the originals) so not a bad price

right well my dad dosent like his XT660X so might be geting an aprilia dorsoduro 750cc so we are either going to sell my MT and keep the XT or get ridof the XT

the XT has quill exhausts and is about to be dyno run and has some other mods the MT is standard apart from yamaha extras

the MT is a 2006 and has 4000miles the XT is 2007 and has 2700miles

hears both bikes

P1010765.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

the XT also has a hedight conversion

so what one would you chose and why as im not sure what i prefer

I'd do the XT even tho its done the miles you could (perhaps) have more fun with it ... some off road tyres & a run down some green lanes etc but if your into just road & pose the MT would win ... looks pretty !

Regards Jim

hmm intresting lol

the XT is my preferd bike because of the look of it but i do like the MT

and both bikes handel the same aparently but the XT has a bit more power and with those exhaust sounds like a beast

well as i sead will ride it soon and make my final decision on that but keep the sugestions up

Or flog both & buy the MZ with the XT 600 motor in it and spend the proffit on a party for all of us ! :lol:

Regards Jim

I'd do the XT even tho its done the miles you could (perhaps) have more fun with it ... some off road tyres & a run down some green lanes etc but if your into just road & pose the MT would win ... looks pretty !

Regards Jim

lol its done less miles than the MT and im not in to posing but want the best that i can so thats y im leaning towards the XT due to the fact that it has the nice sounding exhausts and is a bit more manly

I'd do the XT even tho its done the miles you could (perhaps) have more fun with it ... some off road tyres & a run down some green lanes

You don't need off-road tyres on it!

P5080064.JPG

This bike had full on propper road rubber, and it got to the end of the Byway (5.5 miles or so)

P5080075.JPG

It was pretty rough too

You don't need off-road tyres on it!

P5080064.JPG

This bike had full on propper road rubber, and it got to the end of the Byway (5.5 miles or so)

P5080075.JPG

It was pretty rough too

Hi,

best elect the XT then

Regards Jim

yup decided to do that now dad just needs to buy the bike tonight (the aprilia)

yup decided to do that now dad just needs to buy the bike tonight (the aprilia)

so which one has one ?

Regards Jim

so which one has one ?

Regards Jim

going with the XT

my dads geting this (thats if he likes it when we get there)

Aprilia%20Dorsoduro%20Black.jpg

going with the XT

my dads geting this (thats if he likes it when we get there)

Good Choice !!!

the XT is a bit better as far as I'm concerned ... sorry MT owners !

Regards Jim

Good Choice !!!

the XT is a bit better as far as I'm concerned ... sorry MT owners !

Regards Jim

to be honest i think there the same lol apart from the XT has some nice touches like the alexi rims(or what ever there called) and in general looks a bit better (more meanlooking)

to be honest i think there the same lol apart from the XT has some nice touches like the alexi rims(or what ever there called) and in general looks a bit better (more meanlooking)

and it looks somewhat 'more cool'

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online