yamaha service

barwell1992
This post is 5468 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

do they or are they suposed to check the air filter ???

if so im going to have a right go at them as i noticed the dirt thing on my MT that tells you that the air filter needs changing was dirty so opend it up and ohh my god it was like mud wrestling championships had been held there there was even a dead bee wedged inbetween the foils i couldent belive it so i wacked a K&N in there for now (off my dads bike).

for £180 i would have thorght they were suposed the check that i know they did oil and ail filter and breaks but not sure if they are suposed to do the air filter

ohh and could the K&N damage the bike without been tuned due to the extra air?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

do they or are they suposed to check the air filter ???

if so im going to have a right go at them as i noticed the dirt thing on my MT that tells you that the air filter needs changing was dirty so opend it up and ohh my god it was like mud wrestling championships had been held there there was even a dead bee wedged inbetween the foils i couldent belive it so i wacked a K&N in there for now (off my dads bike).

for £180 i would have thorght they were suposed the check that i know they did oil and ail filter and breaks but not sure if they are suposed to do the air filter

ohh and could the K&N damage the bike without been tuned due to the extra air?

£180? bloody rip off, do it yourself and enter your own details in the service book! and you will be able to buy new tools with the savings

K&N should be able to answer the other question, ask their customer support staff!!

drewps

your top end might be better now lol

good air flow helps

i would do it my self but no just me using it so not alowed and my dad paied for the service

and ye the top end might be better we shall see lol

and ok will ask them

EDIT ok looking at the site it says just drop them in so no need for jeting aparently

nah you dont need to

i presume you got stock exhausts aswell?

nah you dont need to

i presume you got stock exhausts aswell?

yup unfortunatly

I think the dealer that serviced your bike should be ashamed, 180 beer tokens and they never cleaned/replaced the air filter (A vital part of a service) shocking.

Bollock them up hill and down dale - demand a free service for next year, if you don't get it then at least it's a place to start bargaining for the recompense you deserve!

I think the dealer that serviced your bike should be ashamed, 180 beer tokens and they never cleaned/replaced the air filter (A vital part of a service) shocking.

Bollock them up hill and down dale - demand a free service for next year, if you don't get it then at least it's a place to start bargaining for the recompense you deserve!

ye the shameful thing is its a proper yamaha dealer (ALF england, http://www.alf-england-motorcycles.co.uk/ )

going to give them a ring to morrow

the filter check tube was realy dirty so i had a look and was apauled when i saw the state it was in

will take a pic later on

well hears the air filter not great pics but you get the idea ps its a lot worse in real life

considering the tick sheet they gave us has a tick next to cleaned or replaced air filter i think its a discrase.

P1010814.jpg

P1010815.jpg

the bee

P1010816.jpg

haha oops my new number plate leaters are a bit small

lol like the slogan on the new plate the first work is catch

P1010819-1.jpg

"catch me if you can " yes i can :lol: mines is faster lol kiddin, awsome plate :D

mines says

DSCF9786.jpg

that filter is a joke like, get their arse kicked! let us no what they say

"catch me if you can " yes i can :lol: mines is faster lol kiddin, awsome plate :D

mines says

DSCF9786.jpg

that filter is a joke like, get their arse kicked! let us no what they say

ahh shut uppp lol just cuz u have more cylinders :P its aimed at car drivers lol

and yeh well my hand guards have just come in to the shop so will take the filter with me when i go to colect them this weekend

all ive got on the bottom of my number plate is "one day, all bikes will be as slow as this"

... gave my mates a right laugh in McDonalds carpark when they spotted it :P

i want to change it to something like "my other toy has tits"

all ive got on the bottom of my number plate is "one day, all bikes will be as slow as this"

... gave my mates a right laugh in McDonalds carpark when they spotted it :P

i want to change it to something like "my other toy has tits"

haha lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online