I fell off tonight!

axl
This post is 7255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yep!, I had a spill, and no one to blame but me :oops:, quite simply to much front brake on cold tyre's!.

Fekin shit my self more than anything else, typical front end slide, the thing is I was only doing bout' 3 mph :oops: turnin' a sharp corner.

But if the car that was coming round had been about 4 ft further towards me I would have slid into him :shock: , thank fek I didn't!.

Iv'e snapped the end off the gear lever y'know the piece that your foot goes under to lift with the rubber on it. And bent (very slightly) the clutch lever.

Nothing major at all, I suppose I was very lucky, cause the way it landed I thought oh now the tank, the frame ect ect, bu nope everything was fine :) .

And I had my leather's (trouser's) on for the first time in ages, so maybe thats "someone" trying to tell me something!.

So I guess that'll teach to go out on a yzf750 with R1 callipers and cold 207's :oops: :wink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Glad you're still here to tell us about it! :shock:

Sounds like you've just had one of those Character Building moments :wink: :D

• Admin

Yep so nearly done this about 10 times now :shock: Only once on the road though. We have a blocked pave driveway which isnt the best for stopping on with almost slick tyres :shock:

Glad your ok and of course the bike 8)

Yea cheers guy's, me & the bike are fine, well just the gear lever really the rubber bit you lift with your foot.

But I was down at a mates house last night, and drilled through the "shaft" and put a 10ml bolt through, that'll do in the mean time.

But I'll get another one for it.

Yea that'll teach me to wear my leathers, cause I had a gouge on the left knee pad, Iv'e had these for about 4 years and wore them I think twice, I'll be wearing all the time I'm out now, y'know it's fynny how it's not till something happens, then you'll do something about, oh well!.

Learn to ride :lol:

sorry :oops: meant to say, glad you're ok m8 not too much damage and you should be back on the road again in a couple of days :drive

Learn to ride :lol: 

sorry :oops:  meant to say, glad you're ok m8 not too much damage and you should be back on the road again in a couple of days :drive

I was on the road right away, I only broke the end off the gear lever, lucky I thought!.