IOM TT

This post is 5445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm heading to the Isle of Man TT to see the races on the 6th and/or 12th June traveling the day before (5th and/or 11th)

I'll be travelling from the lakedistrict and I've never been before. is there anyone who can offer me advice or who will be going and doesn't mind me tagging along?

Cheers,

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm heading to the Isle of Man TT to see the races on the 6th and/or 12th June traveling the day before (5th and/or 11th)

I'll be travelling from the lakedistrict and I've never been before. is there anyone who can offer me advice or who will be going and doesn't mind me tagging along?

Cheers,

Mark

have you booked your ferry as they might be full now!!

Be very careful out there, i know of a good rider that got intimidated by a plain bike on the island, the guy was an instructor and had his daughter on the pillion and was forced into all sorts of stupid positions on the road by this bike cop

who then charged him with dangerous riding, he went too court with an 8 page report on the thing sthat hte cop ha dforced him into and came out with a big fine and 18 month ban, so,if yuo get a clever knob goading ya put the brakes on and let em dissapear

merv

Would luv too...still assessing the pennies...Deffo going next yer though...

Valentino Rossi is there too on 6th doing an lap of the circuit...

Its an amazing place during TT, be prpared for the most shocking profiteering you have ever seen. I was there for Joey's last races 10 years ago and then fuel was over a £ a litre.

Watch out for the German riders, there are thousands of the bleeders and they ain't too clever with riding on the left. One riding a trike took out 8 brits cos he was on the wrong side of the road approaching a crest. You will see lots of signs saying 'links farn' (keep left). And they can be inconsiderate sods as well they pass VERY close.

Most importantly Mervins advice is gold plated (although that ban only stands on the IOM and doesent affect your UK licence), the island is bloody dangerous. Surviving Mad Sunday is not a joke enjoy it by all means but there were at least a dozen people that never took the ferry home cos they thought they were better than the mountains when i went.

I would love to do it again, ride within your limits, stay sharp and you will have the time of your life. Even more so if you go with a few mates. The campsite at Peel has good hot showers and is local to a couple of pubs, a shop, chippy etc and fuel.

Oh one other thing, when i went i didn't know that in the IOM the national speed limit sign means GLF. If you have an accident and you are goingLF the law will have your balls but otherwise its legal but DON'T speed in the villages. My mate left me standing as he went tearing away outside Douglas at a million miles an hour on his Bandit. DOH he didn't catch me out twice.

Unfortunately Cynic the ban does stand in the uk as the guy found out, he was a riding instructor so is now out of a job

Merv

Unfortunately Cynic the ban does stand in the uk as the guy found out, he was a riding instructor so is now out of a job

Merv

Your kidding, when i was there what happend on the Island stayed on the Island as far as penalties went and bans were for a year starting from the end of the TT. Hence you can't go next year. They even sold T shirts with "I got banned at the TT" at thye station, you could only have one if you got nicked.

Cheers,

Mark

I'm going and also a TT virgin,going on the 4th june,if you manage to get a ticket and you fancy beer and a crack

give us a pm with your mobile number and we will meet up,

regards,martin.

I've got the time off work but too late to get a ticket for the ferry. My gf now wants to come with me so we're going to the ferry port and I'm going to try and blag our way onto a ferry. If we don't make it we'll head off somewhere else in the UK for a hol.

wish me luck :-)

well guys this is the first time ive heard any one mention the isle of man tt in a forum.......dont know if it makes ya all jealous but......I live here!...........

tt week is the best week/fortnight of the isle of man calender year.

lived here all my life born and bred,manx as the hills yessir!.

and yes the prices getting here for the racing is down right robbery,but then its like that all year! fecking expensive to get on and off the rock.

i can recommend a good eatery on the course if ur watching there,at hillberry. lovely food,good craic,tell the wife i sent ya! lol

also guys just for your own information........getting banned on the island DOES mean you are banned in the uk also,our licensing laws changed a year or two ago to be in line with uk laws...

our own goverment,our own laws,............they are only ours when it suits them...they follow uk a year or two later anyway.......apparently we are getting running water in the next few years!!! :lol:

I went to the '07 TT and wasn't really impressed with the huge expense, the closure of Jurby Airrfield and the fact we were only allowed to drink in fixed areas :blink: .

I doubt I would go again. Saying that, I've booked ferry tickets for this Manx, so hopefully it'll be better :D .

• Who's Online (See full list)