Trikes ?

alpine-star
This post is 5473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Now I'm not putting trike riders down as we all have our preferences............but <_<

I'll start the story here.........I was driving my car down the road (as you do) and I was behind a trike, rider just had geans and T-shirt on, NO LID and this go me thinking (always a 1st I know) When out on my bike I often get smacked in the head by the odd passing BEE and at speed you really feel it through the lid and of course hear the THUMP as it strikes the LID.

Now 99% of the time it hits the visor and this got me thinking....................just how much must it hurt at 60 mph when riding a trike with no lid on as you pass a field full of rape seed, bee's and other flying bugs popping in and out collecting pollen?

That’s it really, just wandering really, must really hurt if it's the eye ball it's smacking into :blink: .

OK, random moment over with now.............get on with your lives and ignore me :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

SLOWER? whats that then when it's at home? Sloooooooweeer nah not sure what that means?

you've never ridden a DT then... :P

shades are FTW, even at 40mph it hurts when the midges decide to divebomb you, bumblebees are funny when they hit the visor though, big orange smear and a loud "THUMP"

ouldnt like to hit one with the visor open though

lol should have goten a pick of my helmet after hiting 2 wasps at 90mph lol the smeer was all over the helmet must have exploded

and ye i all ways see them with piss pot lids on and gogles

an open face lid is as bad as no lid but if you notice they never smile(bugs in teeth) shades and a big beared take the brunt of bugs.

my mate here has to brush them out when he gets home :lol: some of them still alive :lol::lol::blink:

Different standards, really.

Certainly in this country you can wear (or not wear) what you like so long as it includes a properly fastened legal lid (with the exception of Trikes). Here you're generally considered a loon if you're not in full protective kit.

Compare that to the culture over in, say, Thailand or Vietnam where full kit is like wearing a tuxedo to go mud-wrestling!!

Personally, I've always liked full kit, but it's legally at the discretion of the rider.

If you don't like the idea of a bug-toothed, bearded bikey boy, then simply don't kiss him!! :P:lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online