Gear Up Kits??

gb_oh6
This post is 5372 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been told they give a big boost to speed so have set my mind on getting one, I wanted to fit it myself but first need to know a couple of things..

Whats the difference between a Primary and Secondary gear kit - if you want the secondary do you first need the Primary?

What would be the best place to purchase one

Are they easy to fit, could anybody give instructions?

It would help me soo much I've searched everywhere but cant find anything on them

I have a Yamaha Aerox 50 '03 plate if anybody wonders

Thanks, George.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

which kit(s) is it you are looking at?, most uprated variators are just a different set of variator plates that give (effectively) a larger "gear" on the front and a smaller one on the back, thus gearing it more for top speed at hte expense of acceleration.

as far as im aware polini do variator kits.

no the gear up kit is for the gears that conect the torque driver then to the variator (well it is for my biek any way)

I've been told they give a big boost to speed

difference between a Primary

Hi george ... theres a thread on here SPROCKETS" Read all about gear up . U"l be surprised

its not so simple [ factories spent a lot of time matching torque/ gear ratios] ;)

• 3 months later...

you would need to check out the sproket size for each gears (depending on weather your looking for acceleration or top speed). you will need both primary and secondary gears because the bike has two gears, the best gear up kit i would recommend is POLINI PRIMARY GEAR UP KIT 13/44 and POLINI SECONDARY GEAR UP KIT 15/42 but that was my choice in sproket size, you may want different. :huh::D