good 125cc or 50cc for my girl friend?

barwell1992
This post is 5463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

its quite heavy for a 50cc (130kg)

Blimey, my 350 is 149kg :o, usually with a good yank on the handles you can get it on the stand :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lol ye but it still shifts for a 50cc gets 55mph out of it but only gets 70miles to empty on a £8 tank lol :P

gilera_dna_1.jpg

like that but in red without the crome bits

Blimey, my 350 is 149kg :o, usually with a good yank on the handles you can get it on the stand :P

my TDR is only 150 odd kg,s fuelled up and ready to go, with 50 horses breathing 2 stroke smoke out of the rear

merv

DSCF0197.jpg

This is my baby now a 600 Bandit it weighs in at 196kg and i wear ladystar daytona bike boots which raise you 1.5 inches

DSCF0198.jpg

This is my Bandit after the hubby got his hands on it

Will post the pics when it is all back together again

well she migh do her cbt or may just get her car licens and get a 50cc i wanted to know of any god bikes that can do about 50mph obviously faster for the 125cc but it does neet to bequite low to the ground because she cannot ouch the floow on my MT-03 at all

also geard or ungeard dosent matter i can teach her lol

ohh and as light as posible

thanks not to hot on the smaller bikes aroud

and any good make wil do as long as its not a cheepo one thats going to fall apart

i got my first bike a few yrs ago it was a suzuki EN 125 alotho its an import its specially made for UK it was awsome best little thing av ridden i regret sellin it, but booking CBT again coz jus got a really ols Yamaha Sr125 its a banger but it will do

When are you looking to buy one for her? I am putting my Yamaha YBR 125 up for sale as I am getting a vespa for the summer Something I have wanted to do for a while and thought I would do it this year.

If you want pictures I can do some Pictures.

Its a 2005 under 10k on the clock. Tyres are ok there is a sakura? on the front these are the stock tyres they put on these, rear is a michelin city pilot, sprockets fine, just put a new chain on week before last. Fork seals will need doing for MOT which is due in July. Just taxed it for another year.

Has been used all year round for the last year and a half I have owned it so does have some light rust and marks as you would expect. One small scratch on the tank (something fell against it in my mates van not long after I bought it) could probably be touched up if it bothers you.

Rear light needs slight attention, since the bulb blew I put a new one in and whilst the brake light works fine the main tail light is temperamental. I think its probably a connection in the tail light as if you hold the bulb in or push it slightly at an angle the tail light and the brake light operate normally.

Never been dropped. 2 keys, owners manual, some other paperwork, letter from yamaha when it was bought.

Around £8 or £9 quid fills it up and you can get close to 200 miles off that depending on how you ride it. Its 4 stroke to so you don't have to top up the oil that often.

Nice bike I have probably made it sound worse than it is. I just fancy a change for the summer and will probably get another when the weather turns sour if I don't give in and buy a car. I would keep it but I can't afford to have 2 vehicles at the moment.

I think I paid £1200 for it in October 2007.

I'm not far from you either. Northampton. Price is £800.

ahh well if it were up to me i would take a look for her but after been on the back in the wet she has decided that a bike is not for her lol (the wuss) and is now geting a car (lost cause)

thanks for the offer and leting me no about it :)

so shes not intrested any more

Have a look at the new cbf 125 cheap as chips better than the cg 125 i had 3 off them , but any 2 stroke 125 will leave this in a cloud off smoke before you get in 2nd gear, but if you want a bike that is easy to ride nice looking cheap to service and run ,2years waranty free break down cover for a year, paid £1750 for mine.