good 125cc or 50cc for my girl friend?

barwell1992
This post is 5463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well she migh do her cbt or may just get her car licens and get a 50cc i wanted to know of any god bikes that can do about 50mph obviously faster for the 125cc but it does neet to bequite low to the ground because she cannot ouch the floow on my MT-03 at all

also geard or ungeard dosent matter i can teach her lol

ohh and as light as posible

thanks not to hot on the smaller bikes aroud

and any good make wil do as long as its not a cheepo one thats going to fall apart

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Actually, I've found a lot of girls really take to the 125cc Cruisers.

Low seat height, low centre of mass, gentle riding style, 'pretty' shiny bits, 70mph+ capabilities.

Plus there's lots of adjustment in the bar angle to suit whatever reach they need.

The Marauder and Virago are especially suitable for small people.

The Eliminator is a bif naff IMO, but is another option.

The Intruder is more for the racey types.

The Shadow is about as quietly content as a Cruiser can get and has Honda reliability.

The Dragstar is your good all-round deal with a medium Retro style - Neither Classic nor Custom, but a bit of both!!

Actually, I've found a lot of girls really take to the 125cc Cruisers.

Low seat height, low centre of mass, gentle riding style, 'pretty' shiny bits, 70mph+ capabilities.

Plus there's lots of adjustment in the bar angle to suit whatever reach they need.

The Marauder and Virago are especially suitable for small people.

The Eliminator is a bif naff IMO, but is another option.

The Intruder is more for the racey types.

The Shadow is about as quietly content as a Cruiser can get and has Honda reliability.

The Dragstar is your good all-round deal with a medium Retro style - Neither Classic nor Custom, but a bit of both!!

cheers for that will have a look now :)

go for one of the big makes secondhand rather than a chink junk new for £500, they are absolute shit

merv

To be fair - my friend had a Chink bike from new - CG copy and it did OK, she put a lot of miles on it, it saw 2 people through their A2's and was pretty solid. Ok the chrome didn't last and the back tyre wore out as did the chain but apart from that it was a good bike - sold it on to someone else and it's still going strong 2 years on.

Obviously if you can get a 'make' at a sensible price go for that as parts will be easier to get hold of and if you go for a scoot I would definitley get a make as you are bound to damage the plastic at some time - and that is a real pig to get for the Chink ones - and expensive.

If you are good mechanically you could try a fixer-upper from fleabay - but don't pay lots unless you get to see it first.

Good luck and let us know what you get.

:D

cheers all for the replies shes got a long way well 2 months to wait until she 's 17 so will have a look on fleebay nearer the time and see what i can bodge up for her :P not literly obviously

YBR 125.

I had one for a couple of years now, cheap to buy, pick up probably an 05 plate for 800 quid. Most of them have fairly low mileage on them as most people just use them to practice on for their test.

4 stroke, reliable, does about 60mph, size wise is probably about right. Doesn't ever really need anything doing, mines done about 9000 miles. apart from a new chain and sprockets, a new back tyre and fork seals it hasn't needed anything else.

It does need another chain now but only as the last one that was put on by the garage was cheap and poor quality.

About £9 to fill it up and that returns around 180 miles, and thats with 15 stone on it driving it flat out wherever possible.

YBR 125.

I had one for a couple of years now, cheap to buy, pick up probably an 05 plate for 800 quid. Most of them have fairly low mileage on them as most people just use them to practice on for their test.

4 stroke, reliable, does about 60mph, size wise is probably about right. Doesn't ever really need anything doing, mines done about 9000 miles. apart from a new chain and sprockets, a new back tyre and fork seals it hasn't needed anything else.

It does need another chain now but only as the last one that was put on by the garage was cheap and poor quality.

About £9 to fill it up and that returns around 180 miles, and thats with 15 stone on it driving it flat out wherever possible.

cheers for that info will have a look now :)

i second that, YBR125 is the way to go!! got one myself, been riding around 7 months now.. its just so easy to maneuver, easy and cheap to maintain, very easy to clean.. its a dream for us cbt ppl :blush:

if the custom cruiser style is what appeals, try looking into the ybr125 custom. never ridden one, but some guy at my uni has one, sat on it.. its much more confortable!! id actually prefer a ybr125 custom, but my ybr is good enough for now, til i get me a bigger bike (and a licence obviously :D)

Im only 5ft 4 my first bike was a GN Suzuki 125 light bike nice riding postition and pretty low i could touch the floor near enough flat footed

Yamaha DT? :lol:

failing that there were some Jawa 125s on ebay not long ago, you can pick them up for next to nothing and insurance is cheap :)

stay away from the Jawa 350 if your short though, saddle is quite high (im 5'8 and cant keep both feet flat on the ground), and its not as light as id want it to be

lol you realy love the jawa's dont you lol will check all the above out

despite the abuse and mockings i got for buying my Jawa, the ol' slovak hog has grown on me,

insurance at 17 is around £110 TP for a 350 (albeit not a very powerful one), so can't really fault it, and it doesnt matter as much if/when you throw it down the road :P

there is method in my madness gif.gif (picture unrelated)

whatever she gets make sure its a good'un, ride safe ;)

yeh would make sure its as soud as i can be befor she goes out on it

and im sure i will ride it back from where ever she gets it from

haha fuck off the carnt even touch the floor on it lol

and thats because i had my 50cc nealy kill me because it was in such a crap condition when i got it lol

Im only 5ft 4 my first bike was a GN Suzuki 125 light bike nice riding postition and pretty low i could touch the floor near enough flat footed

See, see!!

REAL women love Cruisers!!!

The Wife is also 5' 4" and she now rides a 650 Drag!!

nice :)

i have to say its great that more and more women are riding bikes and not just pilioning up

Reminds me, I thought you lot were going to find me a biker babe after Goff found out i was a bit too young? I'd let it go if you find me a set of Jawa 640 forks instead :P.

i found 'Zukis to be a bit tall for my liking, why not take her to a bike showroom and try out a few different styles/makes to see what suits her best?, also make sure she can get it off/on the centrestand by herself.

hmm good point might do that :) she canjust get my bike(50cc) on the center stand but its quite heavy for a 50cc (130kg)