New Bike

This post is 6134 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was thinking of a SV650 for my next bike.

The Raptor is sweet and has the SV engine.

But its still not a YAM.

A Bandit is cheaper to Insure than the Fazer too.

And at 18 with 5 points on your licence Insurance cost matters!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of a SV650 for my next bike.

The Raptor is sweet and has the SV engine.

But its still not a YAM.

A Bandit is cheaper to Insure than the Fazer too.

And at 18 with 5 points on your licence Insurance cost matters!

Yeah, but I was smart enough not to get points on my license.

Cheers for the ideas guys, seems the Fazer isn't to bad to insure but I'll shop around still anyway.

Yamaha gave me a rubbish quote. If anyone is getting high quotes, go to an independent company. It was £95 cheaper than Yamaha's quote!

As for Insurance. I find

http://www.mitch.co.uk/index.htm

Vey easy to get quotes on. You just click back a few times, change the bike and then you can compare all the different bikes you like.

I am Insured with Benetts at the moment but Carol Nash is quite good too.

I got my 5 points cos I crashed my mums car and then got Due Care an Attention. :roll:

I dont Speed on the roads or do anything silly. Thats why I Race! :twisted:

Sports bikes are great for fast open roads.

But try long distances, filtering, parking, low speed turning, urban manoevrability...then they're not so bloody clever. In fact, they're a pain in the ass.

Sports bikes are great for fast open roads.

But try long distances, filtering, parking, low speed turning, urban manoevrability...then they're not so bloody clever. In fact, they're a pain in the ass.

cant argue with that Pete..hit the nail on the head there :yt

cant argue with that Pete..hit the nail on the head there :yt

Yea I can only aggree with that, even my YZF's kinda sore on a longish run, but then again the set hight's raised, my nut's keep sliding into the tank, and my wrists hurt too :? :evil:

Ach well, I suppose I'm just an auld fart :lol:

Yea I can only aggree with that, even my YZF's kinda sore on a longish run, but then again the set hight's raised, my nut's keep sliding into the tank, and my wrists hurt too 

But apart from all that, I expect it's very comforable axl! :lol:

Time for you to get a standard you know! 8)

Time for you to get a standard you know!  8)

Indeed! 8) .......Overall, your "Smile Per Mile" :D factor will be alot higher :wink:

My backs not good after a bike smash I had years ago, all my injuries seem to be creeping up now  :(

Hate to say it, but it's Only the beginning mate :wink: ........I've played Football, Snow Skiied for years, but no activity has done more harm to my bod, than riding Bikes :shock: ......Maybe that's why I feel the need to Ride Everyday :?: ......I must be just a Gluton for Punishment :D

sports 400, trust me, yamaha do a nice fzr but its rare, if not yam then go for honda cbr rvf rf or vfr. but the best bit is

insurance: £1200 (nsr125 tpft)

insurance: £800 (cbr400 tpft)

sweet or what eh? dirt cheap insureance and a faster than a 125 bike o/