Trip switch

dragstar_125
This post is 5530 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks its me once again!!!!

I have this problem, remeber i was talkin about my neutral light, well its completely dead now and the thing is i cant start the bike in neutral, nor can i start it when the kickstand is down (in neutral) i can only start it in green when the clutch is right the way in...... i have a feeling this is to do with the safety switch that is attatched to the kick stand, any advice as im going to the mechanics after work and i dont want no cock and bull story!!

Tt, old git, gas up, old timer, goff i require your assistance !!! to the batmobile!!!!

Kind regards

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

NO Goff, no adjustment made, i think it has to do with the connection to the kickstnd trip switch do i need to adjust it ???

what has happened to the forum, replies used to come swiftly anns plentiful, have i upset my fellow yamahanians???? I remember the day in one hour there would be 5 replies!!! i love you guys lets not fight....answers please

Right, The kickstand "trip" switch exists to stop you driving with your kickstand/sidestand down (a sensible move eh?)

The trigger for the switch is a little bit of metal at the pivot of the sidestand. My first thought is to make sure this moves with the sidestand (Mine came a bit loose, but worked the other way - I could put the bike into gear and ride with the stand down -Dangerous!) Torque up the bolt to be sure it's not loose.

You should be able to start the bike with the sidestand down, as long as it's in neutral

(tip:since you're light isn't working - move the bike backwards and forwards without using the clutch to make sure you're in neutral)

Right, The kickstand "trip" switch exists to stop you driving with your kickstand/sidestand down (a sensible move eh?)

The trigger for the switch is a little bit of metal at the pivot of the sidestand. My first thought is to make sure this moves with the sidestand (Mine came a bit loose, but worked the other way - I could put the bike into gear and ride with the stand down -Dangerous!) Torque up the bolt to be sure it's not loose.

You should be able to start the bike with the sidestand down, as long as it's in neutral

(tip:since you're light isn't working - move the bike backwards and forwards without using the clutch to make sure you're in neutral)

thansk for the info, found it it was the little metal eye that connects it was loose because it had corroded, have to order in a new neutral switch, should onkly be a fiver

what has happened to the forum, replies used to come swiftly anns plentiful,

Cheeky motherfucker.........

I do so sincerely apologise for having to be away from my computer whilst working to fix a winter-damaged sewer pipe, that was causing a serious inconvenience to the paying members of our client base. I hope I didn't cause you any undue stress and worry by actually doing the work I'm paid to......

If you are unable to detect the scornful mocking in my reply, I suggest you sit down on a level crossing and consult your owners manual.

Cheeky motherfucker.........

I do so sincerely apologise for having to be away from my computer whilst working to fix a winter-damaged sewer pipe, that was causing a serious inconvenience to the paying members of our client base. I hope I didn't cause you any undue stress and worry by actually doing the work I'm paid to......

If you are unable to detect the scornful mocking in my reply, I suggest you sit down on a level crossing and consult your owners manual.

oh oh oh!!!! i did indeed detect the scornful mocking from the line "cheeky motherfucker" whoa that was a bit harsh, i hope ya got the pipe fixed tastmaster, obviously it has given you some severe stress levels, as ur being as cheeky as a teenager who just discovered their freedom!!

but i cannot hold it against you oh wise one!! a accept all scornful remarks and apologise for my abrubtness and demanding behaviour!!!!

Just bear in mind that we can't all leap to the rescue at a moment's notice... we have lives to lead and jobs to do.

This is why you also make friends with the local mechanics, who can look at problems (which we can't do unless you get a camera).

Unplug the wires from the stand switch, shove an old piece of wire in to the connectors that were plugged on to the switch and try again, this will tell you if the switch is faulty, if it works like this with the switch bypassed then you need a new switch I suppose

Unplug the wires from the stand switch, shove an old piece of wire in to the connectors that were plugged on to the switch and try again, this will tell you if the switch is faulty, if it works like this with the switch bypassed then you need a new switch I suppose

yes it is the switch he done what you said there old git and it did connect, so i do need a new switch!!! thanks very much.

Tt i was only kidding but u wouldnt know that nor would anyone else, thats the bad thing about reading posts or text msgs ...you cant hear the tone the person says it in haha!!! you know i have great respect for most people on here and im very grateful for what help you do give me !!!

Same here.

Use emoticons ;):rolleyes::lol::ph34r::chat::photo2::tounge::1poke::1poke::1poke: