Nodding bikers?

wild foamy
This post is 5506 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have even got nods from the trailie riders but i will nod to everyone.

Of course you will, we'll speak to anyone - it's lonely out there on the trails you know.......

Oh, BMUU's close second to Harley's I'm afraid.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to wait and see what the other rider will do, I'm kinda shy behind my tinted shield. usually they rubberneck as I go by.

usually looks like they are thinking "pfffff! scooter, no, wait.... faster than one...looks like..uhh...dang that's old"

by than its too late to wave.

;)

I think all bikers should nod / wave at all other bikers - it seperates us from the other ignorant road users! Let's face it, it is us bikers against every other type of vehicle!....we are lucky if we make it home without a scrape or three!

As for nodding at learners and scooters?...i think it is polite, as we were all there once eh? Maybe we should have a thread here for accepted signals as i never knew about the 'Alert Police' one!?!?!?

See here for what will hopefully become a 'user guide to nodding & other gestures'.

Been riding for a while now, probably around 6 months!!

Down here in London, strangely :blink:, people nod back at me, even tho i wear a proper hi-vis, the type that make normal ones look dull, and L-plates..

Some of them, utter twats, never nod back, and never move over an inch, that inch u really need before the transit beside u crushes u into the island!!

Personally, I think that the instructers should teach riders to nod at each other, and look out for each other...

Somehow,

Drivers drive cos they HAVE to, Riders ride cos they WANT to
keeps springing to mind!!

As a general rule, them riders who ride cos they HAVE to, are the ones who are miserable, and dont wave/nod back!!

The show-off type also get to me, cos thier reply to my hi-vis n L-plate nod is something along the lines of

haha, u got l plates, and a hi-vis waistcoat, ive been riding longer than u, this 1100cc is faster than ur 125

Absolutely HATE them ones :angry: , but dont let them drag the community down!!

One for all, all for one, another rider broken down, deserves help.. and everyone deserves a nod!! they dont give one back, oh well, feck them!!

Usman

we'll have to have a YOC wave, both arms in air like this \o/

.........and then unable to swerve because some silly motorist-tart decides to pull out in front of you! Grrrrrrr.

just had a thought, the YOC could be sung to YMCA with similar actions....... :lol:

"its fun to stay in the, Yam Owners club......"

Guess this means that we're a bunch of nodders? <_<

Up our way a nodder is another name for condom

I nod at every biker, 250cc and above but find Harley (or similar) riders very ignorant, but it is funny seeing them all riding in formation looking moody, and remember NO ONE overtake the road captain or you won't be allowed to ride next time

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online