speed cameras

jamax
This post is 5537 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought everyone might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

www.i-database.co.uk/index1.php

http://www.i-database.co.uk/index1.php

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thought everyone might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

www.i-database.co.uk/index1.php

http://www.i-database.co.uk/index1.php

very good you had me going there both my bikes shown up but one of them cant even do that speed! then i clicked on the photo nice one

That blows!!!! :angry:

But on a serious note...Did anyone else see this weeks MCN...and the bit about those 'Grey Boxes' that are the new bike catchers?? There are going to be 12 nicely placed along specific bike routes over the country..and they cleverly detect bikes only and via satallite, send your Reg no and speed to a database thingy accessible by the police...

No cameras, no flashing signs...just a boring looking grey box with a transmitter on the top....Cat & Fiddle Road and Matlock Bath are pinpointed for these lovely things... <_<

That blows!!!! :angry:

You clicked to see the picture of your bike, right?

But on a serious note...Did anyone else see this weeks MCN

MCN?

What, More Crap than News?

Sounds like foundless shit-stirring to me.

Plus, if they do have fixed cameras, they should have it signposted too.

Even if they don't have to, what are people doing exceeding the speed limit anyway?

Ha ha brillliant!!!

I just had the calender out wondering what my bike was doing in cornwall!!

Then i put my car reg in and was flapping because i thought i was banned!!!

Very good.

Perhaps they own a bike that will go faster than 70 and they want to !! :blink:

Fine.

On that basis - I own a sword, which I know how to use, and I want to kill someone with it.

It may well be fun to blast about but if it's breaking the law, it is breaking the law.

Everyone may well do it all the time, but it's still no defence.

No use moaning about governments clamping down by putting cameras everywhere.

The MCN thing sounds like bullshit anyway, but even if it's not people will just find other roads to speed on.

You already know where your local Gatsos are and just speed on the roads where they aren't.

Who cares?

Put in my reg, G237MYA...

Caught on th A30 in cornwall do 73.6mph in a 60 zone!... im quite impressed with my little DT... didnt even know it could do 73.6mph...

i thought cameras were calibrated to +%10 of the speed limit?

on the topic of speeding...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0kSTcUELAY...feature=related