rocket III

dragstar_125
This post is 5554 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks this isnt really a query on anything just want to know peoples opinions!!! i think i have heard Ttaskmaster talk about this bike the Triumph Rocket III, my firend got this beast of a bike in dark red n cram colour scheme and i have fallen in love with it!! (aswell as GOFF lol) does any1 want to put iinput into this?? triple exhaust system a radiator bigger than my plasma t.v lol and over 2litre engine!!!! what is going on! the onlything i didnt like was the toe' heel clutch system although he said you ca just use it the normal way. wat a beauty!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

TRIUMPH ROCKET III – TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

ENGINE

Type Liquid-cooled, DOHC, longitudinal in-line 3-cylinder, 12 valves

Capacity 2294cc

Bore/Stroke 101.6 x 94.3mm

Compression Ratio 8.7:1

Fuel System Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection

Ignition Digital – inductive type – via electronic engine management system

TRANSMISSION

Primary Drive Gear

Final Drive Shaft

Clutch Wet, multi-plate

Gearbox 5-speed

CYCLE PARTS

Frame Tubular steel twin spine

Swingarm Twin-sided, steel

Wheels Front Alloy 5-spoke, 17 x 3.5in

Rear Alloy 5-spoke, 16 x 7.5in

Tires Front 150/80 V17

Rear 240/50 V16

Suspension Front 43mm upside down forks

Rear Chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload

Brakes Front Twin 320mm floating discs, 4 piston calipers

Rear Single 316mm disc, 2 piston caliper

DIMENSIONS

Length 2480mm (97.6in)

Width (Handlebars) 880mm (34.6in)

Height 1150mm (45.3in)

Seat Height 740mm (29.1in)

Wheelbase 1690mm (66.5in)

Rake/Trail 32º/152mm

Weight (Dry) 320kg (704lbs)

Fuel Tank Capacity 25 liters (6.6 gal US)

PERFORMANCE (MEASURED AT CRANKSHAFT TO DIN 70020)

Maximum Power 142PS (140bhp) at 5,750rpm

Maximum Torque 200Nm (147ft.lbf) at 2,500rpm

COLORS Jet Black, Cardinal Red

Heel/Toe changers are fabulous!

I had one on the 650 and now i have one on the 950 - soooooo much more convenient and easy to use - especially if you usually wear New Rock boots to ride yer bike in like i do a lot of the time - they are too big to get the toe under the changer lol

If I could afford one, I'd get one.

It beats the Hayabusa up to 50MPH and has enough torque to scare most people.

If you want a Cruiser on steroids, this is the one.

Totally impractical for anything apart from touring on big roads and showing off, but that was pretty much where Triumph came from with this.

I understand someone said, "Let's build a stupidly big bike". So they did.

If I could afford one, I'd get one.

It beats the Hayabusa up to 50MPH and has enough torque to scare most people.

If you want a Cruiser on steroids, this is the one.

Totally impractical for anything apart from touring on big roads and showing off, but that was pretty much where Triumph came from with this.

I understand someone said, "Let's build a stupidly big bike". So they did.

Yes granted it is a beast, but i dont think it looks as bulky as goldwings?? it is a big muscle cruiser, i think he paid 7000 for it HP, £200 a month!! Its a lovely big bike, and produces an incredible sound, heated grips are a ncie bonus too.

GOFF i am a size 8 would toe heel not be difficult for me or is there a way to align it to your foot size???

heated grips are a ncie bonus too.

Pssst....... Ye can put them on almost any bike, ya know!! ;)

It's nice, but big and heavy and cumbersome at low speeds.

It's for this same reason I don't want an FJR1300. I like things you can just drop into a parking space.

Get some more experience, then take one for a test ride and see what you think.

GOFF i am a size 8 would toe heel not be difficult for me or is there a way to align it to your foot size???

No not at all - you dont need to align it to anyones foot size because you dont keep your foot on it.

All you do is push on the toe change to change down and "stand" on the heel change to change up!

When you're not changing gears you put your foot on the footboards or pegs - whatever the bike has got.

No not at all - you dont need to align it to anyones foot size because you dont keep your foot on it.

All you do is push on the toe change to change down and "stand" on the heel change to change up!

When you're not changing gears you put your foot on the footboards or pegs - whatever the bike has got.

Ah i shhheeeeee!!! yea thos foot boards are cool the first time i saw them was on ur 650 classic!!! and i wanted them!! yea the rocket 3 has footbaords!

Tt tell me how much would i be looking to pay for these heated grips, i went out and paid £1.99 for those get packs that u can slp in your gloves (ya just shake em up and they heat up to around 70f !!! havent tried them yet but they last for 7 hours then ya gotta chuck em! also i want to pimp my 125 out, and not in a crap cheesey way any advice on how to do this while keeping it cost effective>>i.e underbelly led's??? are they cheese on toast or do they look good? graphics...sissy abrs?? what would make my drag look more the part

Unfortunately your bike wont be powerful enough to run heated grips, they will reduce your maximum speed to 20mph when you switch them on :wacko:

holy good god batman i dont want that!!! thats like having a battery powered toy car!!! lol which would probably go faster!!! Tt - you got my hopes up man lol!!! old git what about the LED lights would they make the bike look cheesey, and are they illegal if they are under the bike?? (bonus- better visability)

Heel/toe the way cruisers should be. :-)

I heard through the grape vein they are working on a 2.6 litre version of the Rocket III !!!!!

.....wonder what BHP that will be and how fast... 2.3 will already do 150mph !

Unfortunately your bike wont be powerful enough to run heated grips, they will reduce your maximum speed to 20mph when you switch them on :wacko:

I had them on mine when I had the 125 - And I miss them Sooo much!

And I could still get 23mph out of it when they were on lol (iaf I could scrape 70mph - going downhill with a tailwind, that is)

Ain't got them on the 650 - Damn my vanity, they just look too ugly!!

Pssst....... Ye can put them on almost any bike, ya know!! ;)

Tt - you got my hopes up man lol!!!

Get a bigger bike, then!!

Ain't got them on the 650 - Damn my vanity, they just look too ugly!!

Get the Cruiser ones.

They look fine to me.

Damn my vanity, they just look too ugly!!

Try these then -> http://www.exo2.co.uk/exo2.html#stormshield

much better than heated grips, I used them last year through the Arctic - warm as toast!

Only problem for me now is they are too dammed warm........

Try these then -> http://www.exo2.co.uk/exo2.html#stormshield

much better than heated grips, I used them last year through the Arctic - warm as toast!

Only problem for me now is they are too dammed warm........

Thats a good idea Darren, they will deliver heat directly to your hands which is more ideal than the heated grip which

a: are a bit unsightly

b: deliver the heat through from the outside of the glove, the glove has been designed to impede the passage of heat or cold and so its one thing fighting against the other

Another good point is that you still have them if you sell your bike

Having said all that, i've got heated grips for the first time ever now and I like them, they wouldnt be good enough for the sort of journey you did though

Arent the gloves thermostatically controlled then? The grips have four heat settings which is good.

Arent the gloves thermostatically controlled then? The grips have four heat settings which is good.

They can be, you can buy a controller unit.

These gloves (like the rest of the EXO2 stuff) heat up all over, not like the majority of heater this'n that - it's the cloth fibres that warm up not an element. So what happens is you get heat delivered to the full serface of your hands, even between the fingers. It's not a lot of heat, 50c I think it is, but it's enough to keep your hands warm.

I've listened to the arguments about keeping your core warm, but the reality is that the blood has to go down your arm, loose some heat and return, so replanishing some heat half way on it's journey helps to keep the core warm too...

Nice idea, but potentially £405 for stuff that will wear out.

The alternative is a fully faired bike and reasonable clothing.

The Triumph Trophy has such good fairing that riders are kept very warm simply from the rising engine heat. Many only ever wear summer jackets.

If weather is that much of a problem and you cannot afford reasonable kit, get a car.

Being exposed to the elements is the main thing about biking, be it blazing Summer when friction from the air actually warms you further instead of cooling, or be it freezing Winter when you finish your ride and slide into a comfy chair with a mug of hot tea.

Nice idea, but potentially £405 for stuff that will wear out.

Eh ??

How do you get £405? The gloves are £124.99, and you don't need anything else, unless you want to buy the controller too.

everything wears out, tyres, grips (or at least they do on an adventure/off road bike) engines, even the rider.......

I'll conceed they are very expensive but the quality is very good indeed, and when you consider £50 for heated grips and another £70 for a good pair of winter gloves they do compare pretty well. Like I said, I used these in the Arctic last year covering 5-600 miles every day. You just can't do that without some form of 3rd party heat. In nice temperate southern England its OK, but head north and it changes. Nothing whimpy about it, it's just that the wind chill up here defies Physics...

Each to thier own,

Bravery is not, having the energy to go on, it's going on when you don't have the energy - Dame Ellen Macarthur.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online