TZR 125

Blades_2
This post is 5443 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi im currently in the market for a yamaha TZR 125

there is jus a couple of things im missin nd dont no much about

the first is can the models that have been de-restricted to 33bhp be re-restricetd to 12 bhp as a learner i need the restriceted model.

the next question is can all the models at 12 bhp be de restriceted up to the 33 bhp???

thanks any comments welcome

cheers

sampso

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

there is jus a couple of things im missin nd dont no much about

the first is can the models that have been de-restricted to 33bhp be re-restricetd to 12 bhp as a learner i need the restriceted model.

the next question is can all the models at 12 bhp be de restriceted up to the 33 bhp???

cheers

sampso

Any that are 33hp can be restricted to 12hp by a service centre or bike dealership. not necessarily the other way round though, because not all tzr125's can pull 33hp.

good choice of bike though, if you can find a tidy example then you'll be onto a winner, very nice bike

Tom

Any that are 33hp can be restricted to 12hp by a service centre or bike dealership. not necessarily the other way round though, because not all tzr125's can pull 33hp.

good choice of bike though, if you can find a tidy example then you'll be onto a winner, very nice bike

Tom

Thankyou mate been looking nothing even matches the TZR.

Big help mate thankz loadss

sampso

ritee thanks my next question is how much would it cost to restrict one at dealership or can i do it my self and what do i need to do???

thanks

i am not sure which model you are looking at but the original TZR 88-95ish was about 22hp derestricted. To derestrict it you could either purchase a power valve solenoid kit from yam or you could 'peg' the powervalve open. A mate had one which he bought with the valve pegged. Was very peaky, but good for 90mph.

If you bought one derestricted with a pegged valve you could reset the power valve to the closed position. i guess a dealer would charge 40-60 pounds, as its gonna be an hours labour, plus faffin' around. if it was derestricted with the kit, you could get them to remove it.

the later models are probably restricted via the ecu, and probably if derestricted the ECU has been replaced (having said that, later model suzuki RG125s were derestricted by chopping a wire!). If you wanted to restrict any bike you could put a device on the carb/throttle cable to prevent it from opening fully. i doubt many shops would take this kinda job on, as it would be an inexact science and would really need dyno testing to check conformance to 12bhp/15bhp, which ever year the model is.

further more to ^ you could just check that the bike cannot do more than say 70mph (roughly 12bhp for a road bike) or 75mph (roughly 15bhp for a road bike) depending on year. Applying common sense helps a lot. Last year Avon and Somerset Police had a purge on modified learner bikes - but crucially - they focused on 49cc mopeds, that had been derestricted for more speed and noise. Given how some of these kids were riding it was a good thing and made a massive impact.

As long as the bike doesnt attract attention and you ride in a safe manner, you will probably not have to worry. Having said that be aware in the event of an accident your insurance /the police may wish to inspect the machine. Insurance companies seem keen now to investigate obvious undeclared mods (exhausts, flash paint etc), than less conspicuous things.

further more to ^ you could just check that the bike cannot do more than say 70mph (roughly 12bhp for a road bike) or 75mph (roughly 15bhp for a road bike) depending on year. Applying common sense helps a lot. Last year Avon and Somerset Police had a purge on modified learner bikes - but crucially - they focused on 49cc mopeds, that had been derestricted for more speed and noise. Given how some of these kids were riding it was a good thing and made a massive impact.

As long as the bike doesnt attract attention and you ride in a safe manner, you will probably not have to worry. Having said that be aware in the event of an accident your insurance /the police may wish to inspect the machine. Insurance companies seem keen now to investigate obvious undeclared mods (exhausts, flash paint etc), than less conspicuous things.

ringostar, this is not your personal flog your bike site, would be nice if you said hello in the bar, when you have 15 posts to your credit you can advertise things for sale in the correct place, ie The For Sale Place

yeah am still looking mate where you from and what cc is i please

Blades 2, youre straying into items wanted territory now, not just asking about restriction or de restriction, items wanted also has a 15 post qualifier and this is not the right forum

• 3 months later...

Thankyou mate been looking nothing even matches the TZR.

Big help mate thankz loadss

sampso

ive got the 94 4hw model and they dont need de-restricting exhaust etc, all i did was bridge a wire under the seat and earth the thing out, with standard exhaust airfilter and jets i was clocked at 108, rs and mitos need mods to reachthis, yes a powervalve motor is strongly recomended but even the static ones r fun if you dont mind replacing clutches monthly, i paid £800 for mine 15yrs old and 25000miles and it still flys, well not no more its having a full rebuild. pics comin,

re-restricting is just a case of spinning the power valve round, bottom end punch and no top end.

Blades mate looky TZR125 theres 250s as well . & by the way burnley wipped ur asse" :lol: s Try this Maybe Well fk me .its not wrked

Ahh i have one now but thanks anyways. and yes well done for pointing that out, i know, sadly i was at wemberly, oh well.

THanks all

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online