Leather care

Jim R
This post is 5552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

Quick question, I'm torn between which leather care product to use on my gear. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking Autoglym but not sure.

Cheers Jim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

Quick question, I'm torn between which leather care product to use on my gear. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking Autoglym but not sure.

Cheers Jim

I think Goff has a spray booth for all her leathers :D

so long as the leather is fed and keeps supple any product is good enough, I use dubbin on my boots to keep the weather out!!

I think Goff has a spray booth for all her leathers :D

:lol:

I use something i bought from the local shoe repairers - seems really good and its softened up the leather on me new leathers

This thread topic has Goff's name ALL over it! :D

You'd be surprised how well Armor-All works on leather. ;)

:lol: You sure that's not amore-all! :lol:

Oops sorry I digress (it's the thighs,lol), personaly i use 'Dales black dubbin on my riding leather's & clear dubbin on the other colours. Good stuff.

Thanks for the info guys. I remember dubbin now, my ma used to make me put that stuff on my footie boots when I was still a wee one. That will work a treat on my boots.

Well weather is good here today, 13 whole degrees. Positively a heat wave. Bike here I come!

Thanks again for the info

cheers

Jim

Thanks for the info guys. I remember dubbin now, my ma used to make me put that stuff on my footie boots when I was still a wee one. That will work a treat on my boots.

Well weather is good here today, 13 whole degrees. Positively a heat wave. Bike here I come!

Thanks again for the info

cheers

Jim

I use 'W5' leather care and cleaner from Lidl, cheap as chips and because I'm worth it ! :rolleyes:

dont think it provides much rainproofing, its got that smell that old people like.

I use 'W5' leather care and cleaner from Lidl, cheap as chips and because I'm worth it ! :rolleyes:

dont think it provides much rainproofing, its got that smell that old people like.

At least it will keep the moths away :D

At least it will keep the moths away :D

and then some !, think it could repel anything with 'olfactory receptors' thats smell sensors to you an me ! :mellow:

i'd recommend nikwax products, they do leather cleaner and leather restorer to keep it supple and add a bit of water repellence. you can get it from a good few bike shops (Hein Gericke or J&S mainly), or from some ski/snowboarding stores

Tom