DT125

jam353
This post is 5453 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

There seem to be many DT125s with vastly varying performance out there.

I wonder what people have had out of theirs?

I cant find performance figures for a standard bike anywhere, ie 0-62mph, 1/4 mile, top speed etc.

Has anyone timed their bike?

I have an 05' DT125X, dealer de-restricted and it does over 85mph indicated speed (probs about 80mph real speed as I imagine the speedo will over read).

I have since fitted a full DEP exhaust system and it pulls much better now, although I havent tried to top it out since fitting.

I'm too scared it will go bang!!

What have you had out of yours?

Jam353

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There seem to be many DT125s with vastly varying performance out there.

I wonder what people have had out of theirs?

I cant find performance figures for a standard bike anywhere, ie 0-62mph, 1/4 mile, top speed etc.

Has anyone timed their bike?

I have an 05' DT125X, dealer de-restricted and it does over 85mph indicated speed (probs about 80mph real speed as I imagine the speedo will over read).

I have since fitted a full DEP exhaust system and it pulls much better now, although I havent tried to top it out since fitting.

I'm too scared it will go bang!!

What have you had out of yours?

Jam353

I have the same bike as yours, all I have done is fitted a dep silencer, earthed the powervalve wire and went 2 teeth up on the front sprocket, mine also indicates 85 on the clock, do you know exectly what the dealer done to de-restrict yours?

Standard apart from the wire at the back of the speedo getting earthed, 75MPH max with the heed tucked doon on a flat straight. Mine is a 2004 re version though.

PS burned a "fokus" st off the lights the other day..... sad i know.....

i had one of these a while ago it was a long while ago when i was a laad and it did seventy flat out head on the tank downhill wind behind me etc and when i got home it would make the coffee and fetch the jammie dodgers then argue with me about headwinds and stuff

great

:D

seventy arrrrrr

Iv got the RE version and will nearly max the speedo but mines in kmh so it does around 130-135? not sure what that is in mph.

(probs about 80mph real speed ] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha" ha , you yung whippersnapper" :rolleyes: Well me old DT400 Will pull the 85mph. :D we"ll havta hav a drag race sumtime :lol:

my 2006 dt125x will pull on up to 70mph in 5th, then when i put it in 6th it dies . . . needs properly de-restricting. I've earthed the powervalve wire, and have a full dep exhaust system, pulled the snorkel off the air box for better air flow and now i'm stuck lol.

Tom

my 2006 dt125x will pull on up to 70mph in 5th, then when i put it in 6th it dies . . . needs properly de-restricting. I've earthed the powervalve wire, and have a full dep exhaust system, pulled the snorkel off the air box for better air flow and now i'm stuck lol.

Tom

If you have the snorkel off you will need to re jet to make the most of it otherwise your getting too much air to fuel,

If you have the snorkel off you will need to re jet to make the most of it otherwise your getting too much air to fuel,

does that mean that Yamaha's standard jetting isnt correct? or the jetting actually restricts it? Mine will pull 70 in 5th also but as supermotom says it will not pull as hard in 6th, i have the snorkel removed but i havent altered the jetting yet because the exhaust system is standard. maybe there is some kind of restriction in the spedo like the older dt's that we havent figured out yet?

yeah i realise the jets need to be different for full potential, but i figured that it'd sap power all the way thru the gears if it was just that.

I'm thinking of looking for a larger carb soon anyways, nothin drastic, just a little extra size.I also know a guy who tunes and races 2-smokes, so i might let him loose on the DT . . . :D

Tom

yeah i realise the jets need to be different for full potential, but i figured that it'd sap power all the way thru the gears if it was just that.

I'm thinking of looking for a larger carb soon anyways, nothin drastic, just a little extra size.I also know a guy who tunes and races 2-smokes, so i might let him loose on the DT . . . :D

Tom

I spoke to ARD racing, they can tune the dt125 for £150 vat inclusive for a stage 3 race tune. Does the guy you know do alot of work or just for his own bikes?

• 2 months later...

Huh :unsure: i have a dtr 2005 engine and can only manage 65mph top speed the bike pulls through the gears very well but tops out at £65 there is a dep rear can on it but a standard front pipe, would it make a difference if i sourced a front pipe?? :unsure:

Huh :unsure: i have a dtr 2005 engine and can only manage 65mph top speed the bike pulls through the gears very well but tops out at £65 there is a dep rear can on it but a standard front pipe, would it make a difference if i sourced a front pipe?? :unsure:

Yeah, the restriction is in the expansion chamber, you have to cut open the pipe and dremmel out 2 metal plates that restrict the airflow, the weld it back together. theres info on http://www.dtr125.net/tuningf.htm about it.

Ive got an 05 dtr, earthed the cable, de restricted powervalve, havnt touched exhuast or airbox or anything else. Does 80, have had 85 once or twice.

Andy if you put a dep pipe on itl help you get there quicker ;)

Andy if you put a dep pipe on itl help you get there quicker ;)

Dont need one, 80mph is fine for me atm. besides i cant afford to spend 150 quid on an exhaust system lol. The 2 offroad Dt's im building are draining any money i have left lol!

Fair enough then 3 bikes are better than one. Take it easy ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Had mine a week. Doesn't have a ypvs yet, getting round to that and rebuilding it atm. Got 60 out of it up a fairly steep hill though just riding to work lol. Would imagine atm it would do 65 at a push 70. Came with a dep pipe though so pulls better than standard I'd imagine.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online