Got one - project TZR600 is on.

goody
This post is 5017 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, looks like I've got a TZR 2MA, pick it up this week. so the XT engine mod will start soon. I plan to photo doc the mods so will keep track & post as an ongoing thread if anyones interested.

sounds great to me, I'll be interested in how it goes, i started one on my flat track project and put it under street/sportsbikes section

Interesting.

But surely you would need to find a 600cc 2 stroke engine rather than a 4 stroke single, otherwise it just ain't a TZR.

Have you considered an RD500 engine?

Good point about the name, but if I was after a GP rep I would go the RGV/RG500 route (sorry Yam only fans)

I'm not after a race replica, more a street bike with good potential to go hillclimbing with so a good torquey motor will be better for drive rather than a peaky 2T

I will take yor thoughts on board about the name but unless a better suggestion is made .... TZR600 will stick.

Oh and by the way, its too late because i've just had the XT600 motor delivered.

That bike in the picture is so cool must have put some time and money for that matter to get it looking like that though :D

I didnt kno you could camp on the hill with the chalk man wi the big stawner on it, I thought it had some kind of 'heritage site' status, cant rem' the right name, its done in chalk on a hillside, ? :mellow:

Why,I don't know, but I think you mean the Cerne Abbas giant in Dorset.

The photo was taken in Shropshire at a local hillclimb meet.

DSC06124.jpg

Although to fair it does induce a boner when I see it.......note to self.must meet more women.

This is going to be the mule for the XT motor.

DSC06120.jpg

• 1 year later...

Goody is back. got a bit distracted with work + house move.

Changed t'internet detail & lost log-ons, so i'm back under a new guise.

The RSV has gone & a YZF750 should be in its place on Friday.

The TZR/XT600 is stll on the go (slowly). The frame is away having the engine plates & some other bits welded on, plus the tank has had a clearance peoce for the carb + filters added. I am prepping the front & rear susp as assemblies ready for bolting back in.

I will then concentrate on getting the engine sorted. the top end has been off, this confrimed my thoughts of a blown head gasket.I might pop it all back together to see how the bottom end & G,box behave before getting it rebored & a slighly hotter cam.

Getting there.....a>

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online