RX-S100 cutting out

streaky100
This post is 5626 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have an E-reg RX-S and with the cold weather arriving, a problem has arrived.

it starts fine but when it has warmed up, it wants to die when i come to a stop and have to hold some revs on the counter.

it feels like the choke has been left on but i turn it off before i set off.

would there be a fault with the choke or maybe a new air filter or does it just not like winter time???

thanks to anyone that can help as i use the bike every day to get to work.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

winter should be fine, colder air is more dense so contains more oxygen for more combustion... check the airfilter isnt too clogged up and is still allowing the passage of air to the carb/intake.

other than that, give your carb a good clean as any foreign object in the carb will restrict airflow.

few other things that spring to mind are carb float height causing the engine to flood when idling, incorrect jet settings or possibly a malfunction with the choke, check to see if it is actually disengaging at the carb when you press the lever

few other things that spring to mind are carb float height causing the engine to flood when idling,

Thats an easy one to eliminate if your petcock has an off position, just switch the fuel off and see if the situation improves as the fuel level falls in the float bowl, of course it will run out later but might give an insight into fuel level too high!

Also try sdjusting you mixture dcrew as per spec for this bike

Wouldnt be running with lights on? Battery getting a hammering so is calling for juice from the electrics but they are also running the lights. All this slows the idle speed and if it was a little slow to start with.

Put a 1/8 of a turn on the throttle stop to speed the idle up. Should sort it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online