My XJR

OutKast
This post is 5498 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not really, spent a few £ :rolleyes: it looks so nice an shiney cos i pride myself on keeping it clean - aint as hard as many peeps think - it when you dont keep it clean - everything starts to slide then - an can end up lookin like this :lol:

No_Name_small.jpg

Sweet Ride OutKast! B)

Are those front calipers of an R1?.....or are they std XJR issue? :unsure:

Wish we got that naked Beast over here.......I'd have 1 for sure. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

:unsure: Hi, Cracking looking bike, I have a 06 fazer600, which I love. I am looking for a touring bike as I intend to head down to France when weather gets better. How would you rate an XJR as a touring bike. I have had a look at a Honda deauville but being a 60 year old have decied I am not ready to be bored to death just yet, also thinking about the FZ1, any opinions sought.

Lew

Wow its soo shiney! loving the casings looks mint ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jeasus, I looked at this yesterday, but needed to get my shades. That's one blinged up bike fella!!

I am looking for a touring bike as I intend to head down to France when weather gets better. How would you rate an XJR as a touring bike. I have had a look at a Honda deauville but being a 60 year old have decied I am not ready to be bored to death just yet, also thinking about the FZ1, any opinions sought.

Lew

I've got an XJR (and a Z!), and I find it's hard work on the rear after 100 miles or so, worse I feel if I'm in traffic. That said, it's a might bike, and if you choose to, it can be the easiest ride ever, the gears aren't really needed as it pulls like a train in any gear, from any speed!!

I've ridden the FZ1 too, and I think you might be better looking at that for touring, you et a bit more protection from the fairing.

Then again, you can pick up an XJR (08, 6 months old or so) for £5k ish, so you get alot more bike for your money.

If you try one - you will love it! I defy anyone not to after riding one

• 2 weeks later...

Ver, very nice !! ¿ What about replacing the rear shock absorbers with a mono-shock ?

I think is the touch that is missing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ver, very nice !! ¿ What about replacing the rear shock absorbers with a mono-shock ?

I think is the touch that is missing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

One thing at a time - funds o running low :rolleyes: Dont know how i could do that (monoshock conversion) :unsure:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online