why do you own a yam?

liquidcooled
This post is 5982 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

are you a big fan of yamaha's and wouldnt buy anything else, was your bike all that was available, or do you simply not care what brand of bike it is just wanted the particular model? interested to see how many hardcore yamaha fans we have here

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...here's my situation:

I'll ONLY buy Jap....no ifs or buts, that's it!

So that leaves the Big 4.

Firstly Honda....great build quality, reliability etc, but I don't like the way they've become very thirsty and overpriced over the years. Plus there's the Gay thing as well.

Kawasaki....I love Kwaks....but my fondness for them is more to do with the triples and the Zeds than anything they've done in the last 25 years. They've made the mistake of churning out the same old stuff year after year, then when they bring in something new, it's fucking hideous like the Z750/Z1000. And now they are sharing parts and ideas with Suzuki? Fucking kiss of death that is!

And Suzuki? Well I think I've made my feelings pretty clear on them. The only purpose they serve is to educate newer riders on shit build quality, oil burning, and bad customer service! As I said before...."There's no excuse for Suzuki ownership!"

So who does that leave? 8)

i prefer yams because they look good reliable and they have alot of street cred face it buy a suzi ts125r abd you are a prick buy a honda xl 125r and you are a prick buy a kwak kmx125 and you are getting there buy a yam dt125r and that makes you the daddy catch my drift

tbh, i had a dt50 (old one tho 88 i think), and that let me down alot, then i got a spannish rieju, and that hasnt let me down as much but i fork out every month for parts :/. but im yamaha for me next bike deffo gettin the tzr, no shitty engine rebuilds after 3k miles lik the honda and cagiva and aprilla. ive heard of the suzuki RG but there rare as nething so parts will most likly be a bitch. and the kmx is way to pricey. thing with honda is 125 wise, they are relseing dirt cheap bikes (£2399 for cbr125 and xr125) but the quality is shit, and there 4 strokes so there slow as fuck :/ yammys the way to go for 125 (i assume)

Ive had quite a few big sports bikes but without a dowt the R6 & R1 are the best ive had, ive still got an 02 R1 and cant see me getting anything different for a good while. Every now & again, i have a moment of madness and think of getting summat else, ive tried blades, gsxr1000's/hayabusas (sorry), zx9's ect ect but i just dont feel right as i do on the R1. I know there are faster bikes, but none feel as ridable & comfortable to me as the R1. I went to a bike shop open day 2 weeks ago and had a go of the new zx10R, cbr1000(new blade) & an 04 R1 which is the most awsome machine ive ever been on, and will be my next bike when i can afford it. So i will no dought be a true yam-fan for a long time to come.....

when i was buying the DT-my first yammie and first real bike- b4 had a moped...

it was that or the bus, the kwaks were cheap second hand but jesus do they blow up-sound crap+look crap. as do the DR125's and with added bonus of being slow ass 4stroker...

the DT is the owner of the 125 class!!

silly racer boys might go for the RS or NSR but it sucks to be them...and they probably wouldnt be able to handle the power!

for my next bike i am tempted by the suzuki as people say that the DR400 is the labs nads...

but honda for reliability, of course WR is the best of its class but also the most expensive....

yamaha-you pay for quality. and i bloody love Yamaha Blue!!

• Admin

Well i so nearly brought a Fireblade, as my dads mate had an import which was all carbon :shock: Looked the nuts 8) Went like stink and to be honest i couldnt really say anything bad against it. Then i started to think i dont want to be like everyone else and wanted to get something different, so i went the YZF route :wink:

Truth Be Known.........I was spoon-fed on Honda's :oops: .....but all my friends always rode Yamaha's 8) ......so I had a go on an old friend's YZ once, & I was hooked :wink: .......been riding Yamaha's Everyday on the road, for almost 20 years now.......won't have it any other way :wink: ......as the Tattoo on my left arm depicts 8) ......

SDM_Tattoo.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Well with me having the YZF without a fairing, I'm deff difirent out in the streets, I only know one other YZF and I know the guy lives about 4 miles away.

But it's been a while since Iv'e seen any on the road, so I guess us YZF'rs kinda unique 8).

But asking the question why do we own Yam.......

Well I my case it's what could get for the cash I had, but I will admit I'm not really a fan of this "streetfighter" label that bike's get.

Cause mine isn't one as far as I'm concerned, it's just a bloody YZF without the fairing, no flat bar's ect on mine, just the originals.

It's just a black YZF without a fairing with an Akrapovic pipe.

It happened by accident :shock: . I was told it would be a good commuter bike for me so I didn't wreak the bandit I had at the time through winter. As it turned out I ended up riding the bandit through winter anyway cos it wouldn't work, then it tried to kill me and the thing still won't work. I'll stick with suzukis from now on :wink:

Amanda

• Admin

Im still undecided whether or not im going to sell my bike, this has to be the hardest decision ive ever made :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online