New Owner--New Member

t120rmike
This post is 5704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All. I recently picked up a really nice 77 xs360.

I plan on keeping it largely stock, with a few cafe orentied mods.

While looking up different parts on different parts sites, they ask if it's an XS360c, d, or 2-d.

anyone know what the differences are, and how I can tell what model I have.

Thanks,

mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the fray! Are you short of time? We arn't. If you need help, ask away.

Nope, just a good natured bump. I just bought the most common of the batteries that was stocked, and it fit the bike. Still have no idea whether that makes it an XS360, c, d, or d-2.

Nope, just a good natured bump. I just bought the most common of the batteries that was stocked, and it fit the bike. Still have no idea whether that makes it an XS360, c, d, or d-2.

Drewpy is an expert on XS400's, not seen him lately, may be away...Anyhow have a look for his posts!

Drewpy is an expert on XS400's, not seen him lately, may be away...Anyhow have a look for his posts!

yea, I took scouts to lake windermere for a week!! bloody knackered now.

xs360c vs xs360-2D no D model that was for the 400

front brake C = disc brake 2D=drum

main stand, rear foot rest, starter motor, starter switch flasher self cancelling system fitted on C. 2D =none fitted

battery C = 12V, 12Ah. 2D = 12V,7AH

2D serial number starting from 1T6-000101

BTW :welcome:

• 2 weeks later...

Hold on here, I disagree. You don't have a C model. What you have is a 360D. The360C is for year 1976. In 1977 the 360 came in two forms, 360D and 3602D. The 2D was an economy model without electric start and disc brake. Drewpy did say he was tired when he answered your post.

Thanks guys.

It's all together, I'm just waiting to get it titled.

It's a C model, has the front brake and all the goodies. Thanks Drewpy!

2787773110_111f00a595.jpg

2786918501_69d2796c9c.jpg

Thats no C in the UK that would have been an XS360SP but oddly our bikes had a disc to the rear (SP) drum rear brake came in later with (in the UK) the 81/2 modal and the C version (drum front), 250 only, but again in the UK as the XS400/360 didn't sell to well we tended to end up with the 78 modal until introduction of the XS400SE (round cylinders, plated cases and U.S styling) and the 400 was replaced with the DOHC version (Maxim ?). Ur bike to UK spec is a bit odd having wire wheels and rear drum, married to the 360/400 motor. The UK 400/360 was gr8 loved it when I had one but I guess it should have had 250 badges on it as it went just as well as the 250 2 strokes and pro rata the XS250 went like a 175.

regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online