Well, of course

YamaHead
This post is 5704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It didn't go off as planned......The boss gave my the ultimatum on Saturday afternoon.....told me I had to take my bike trip across Oregon NOW or not @ all!......Still don't know WTF is going on between her ears!! :unsure:

So, had to prep for long ride in 2 hours vs. the 2 days I had planned on....

Bike maintenence, packing of camping gear.....in that short of time, there was bound to be something I'd forget! :headscratch:

& sure as Sh*t, there was......my raingear......spent 3 days dodging T-storms & fighting uncommonly high humidity for the Desert terrain I encountered.

Across the pass....Mt. Hood viewed from east......

OffLoad008.jpg

as seen from my favorite little PitStop location on Hwy26....

OffLoad009.jpg

Tell ya 1 thing....this little town was WELL-named.....

'Cause Warm Springs is always roasting.....

Looking back @ Mt. Jefferson as you drop down into this canyon....

OffLoad010.jpg

OffLoad011.jpg

The Deschutes river which runs through the bottom, is about the only way to cool off in these circumstances.....either that or buy some Beer & deal with the constant flow of drunk Indians :drunk: that frequent the only store in town.....I'm sure the cops keep their quota's met just from patrolling the Rainbow Market......see them there more than the Indians. :lol:

Managed to find an available campsite @ Tumalo state park when I got to Bend....which is always fun to get to......'cause it's located around the corner from here :thumb: .....

OBRiley010.jpg

But on this particular trip, spent most of the time dodging T-storms & trying to keep my gear dry! <_< ......

OffLoad012.jpg

I think somebody forgot to tell the weatherman that this is AUGUST!

Well, after a re-assessment of my fuel fund....I decided to head back to the valley 'cause I sure as hell wasn't about to run outta fuel & $$ while I was in BFE (Bum-F*cked Eqypt) aka...the Middle of NOWHERE. :lol:

Did manage to get this shot of 1 of only a few Covered Bridges left in Oregon. :huh:

This one crosses the McKenzie river east of Springfield....

OffLoad013.jpg

Rest assured.....I'll be doing this trip again......only next time, it'll be on MY schedule! :headbang:

where hopefully the weather will be better. :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rest assured.....I'll be doing this trip again......only next time, it'll be on MY schedule! :headbang:

where hopefully the weather will be better. :unsure:

Looks great Yamahead - how long did it take you?

There are a bunch of us hooing to ride across the states in the next couple of years - any advice on routes etc?

:D

I kinda took my time on this trip Fosdyke......

But riding across Oregon can be done in a day if needed......(gotta have a good seat for that) :D

I've been wanting to ride cross-country for quite awhile.......got a Bro who lives in Minnesota.....wouldn't mind going to Sturgis either......& Montana(the Rockies in particular) NEED to be experienced to be appreciated. ;)

My advice......take a Northern route across during late summer/early fall...absolute Breath-taking scenery up that way.

Some stunning pictures there. Riding across the states is on my list of things to do when i qualify and (probably) take that job there! :D

My advice......take a Northern route across during late summer/early fall...absolute Breath-taking scenery up that way.

How long do you think it would take Yamahead? I got quite a bit of time off over the summer - so I would be thinking of doing it late August - especially following your advice.

PS Goff - what are you qualifying in?

Absolutely stunning! Great pics mate! Shame your boss had to be an ar$e and force you to go like that! Going on a bike trip around Ireland next week, any tips on a biking trip (essentials to bring etc) as it will be my first!

oh and whats with the covered bridges anyway, never really understood that concept??? :huh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By boss do you meant the wife Scott? man that is some lovely scenery,

merv

Just like your siggy says Merv......

If it's got tits or tyres!.... :rolleyes::D .....

Currenty working on doing a rebuild on the XT by the end of this year......

I figure I can get everything sorted on the old Beast for around $500......valves, rings, headwork, rear tire, chain, sprockets & brakes.....

Because this IS my destination by next September B) .....

hells_canyon_byway.jpg

Hells Canyon on the eastern Oregon border......Deepest canyon on the planet......yes even deeper than the Grand. ;)

& to any who inquired......riding across the states can be done in about a week without too much prob.

• Admin

Wow you've sure got some amazing riding out there. On a second note that really looks like the bridge from Beetlejuice ;-)

i really want to do something like this, but on a DT50 it would take too long and be far too awkward.

maybe next year when i've got a bigger bike and can get it all planned, a few weeks in ireland sounds good so maybe its something to consider...

i feel like a complete t*t for asking, but what bike is that?... :P

i feel like a complete t*t for asking, but what bike is that?... :P

It's a 1982 XT550......that's right, a 26 y/o machine that just won't quit! ;)

This Beast is my best friend......goes ANYWHERE....ANYTIME.....in ALL weather conditions......is simple to maintain & still gets 45+mpg. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online