modifications!!!

handai
This post is 5749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

"you guys are changing the originality of the bikes by doing them up."thats all iv said goff!!!!is that offensive goff!???youre making it sound as if iv

slagged everybody right off with their bikes,,

The originality of a bike is to be different than all the others of the same model. The manufacturer turns them out by the 100's or more exactly alike. Originality is making them different than all the others. Mine is mostly original in look, but painted a colour that never came from the factory (colour changing paint, purple to green and several other colours in between). Does that look bad? No, most everyone who has seen it comments on how they like the paint job and how original it looks.

I could have gone for a very different look from original (I have seen several of the same model as mine heavily modified that looked quite good) but I choose to go with original looking, and so far I have not gone for the "new" look, but rather just decent condition old bike (it's 28 years old now). I plan in a year or so to do a frame up restoration, and I plan on doing the engine bits as high polished aluminum, rather than the dull silver paint as stock. Will it look stock? yes to a large extent, but parts of the appearance will be very different from stock. That will be an original look, keeping it exactly like it came from the factory is not bad, but it's NOT originality, it being part of the flock, like all the guys on their harleys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im confused,,mods means modification right?????

You know damn well what it means - now either grow up or feck orf

I plan in a year or so to do a frame up restoration, and I plan on doing the engine bits as high polished aluminum, rather than the dull silver paint as stock. Will it look stock? yes to a large extent, but parts of the appearance will be very different from stock.

Keep us up to date with the progress, i'd like to see how it evolves! :D

You know damn well what it means - now either grow up or feck orf

Keep us up to date with the progress, i'd like to see how it evolves! :D

goff have you seen the reply of CY WELCH to my comment??? thats what i call diplomacy....he replied to it without

any agressions but unlike other "people",,theyre so defensive and arrogant about my comment , if only all people on

this forum were like CY WELCH this mayhem would not have happened...get my drift???

respect to you CY WELCH!!

The originality of a bike is to be different than all the others of the same model. The manufacturer turns them out by the 100's or more exactly alike. Originality is making them different than all the others. Mine is mostly original in look, but painted a colour that never came from the factory (colour changing paint, purple to green and several other colours in between). Does that look bad? No, most everyone who has seen it comments on how they like the paint job and how original it looks.

I could have gone for a very different look from original (I have seen several of the same model as mine heavily modified that looked quite good) but I choose to go with original looking, and so far I have not gone for the "new" look, but rather just decent condition old bike (it's 28 years old now). I plan in a year or so to do a frame up restoration, and I plan on doing the engine bits as high polished aluminum, rather than the dull silver paint as stock. Will it look stock? yes to a large extent, but parts of the appearance will be very different from stock. That will be an original look, keeping it exactly like it came from the factory is not bad, but it's NOT originality, it being part of the flock, like all the guys on their harleys.

goff have you seen the reply of CY WELCH to my comment??? thats what i call diplomacy....he replied to it without

any agressions but unlike other "people",,theyre so defensive and arrogant about my comment , if only all people on

this forum were like CY WELCH this mayhem would not have happened...get my drift???

respect to you CY WELCH!!

Yes i have - unlike you i do read the posts.

Diplomacy? We tried that

Tact - we tried that too

Defensive and arrogant? - I think not - i just had enough of your childish behaviour.

You clearly were not "getting it" so it was time for some straight talking - as i said - grow up or feck orf.

if only all people on

If only people like YOU did not post the crap you did then this mayhem would not have happened :rolleyes:

You have not been around here long enough to make comments like that, so again, and i shall say it s-l-o-w-l-y

I am prepared to move on from this now, but not if you insist on continuing this drivel.

This is a great forum with very little aggro, and we want to keep it like that.

Get to know folk and show some respect instead of posting the childish crap you have done so far.

If you can't be bothered to do that then you are not welcome here - do NOT piss me off anymore Handai - my tolerance levels are running low - so either behave yourself and show some maturity or leave.

Simple.

ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatbooombooombooombooombooom!!!!!

Back to you Handai.this is what I do in my spare time.......

mekitjpg.jpg

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

mekitjpg.jpg

you like to play in forest with other men? lol

mekitjpg.jpg

its true

he is a noob hunter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I detect a subtle hint of Burberry about this angry young man......

Anyone else get the impression he's only playing about on bike forums till he can save up for an oversized whaletail spoiler for his Vauxhall Corsa 1.1LX?

Just a thought.

:rolleyes:

Some of the mods to yall guys bikes just make me want to weep for joy.

Though im not normally given to criminal activity I hope there is some good locks out there because I would surely be tempted to steal sum of dem hawks if I had the chance.

Only kidding.

Or am I.......

i hate modifications!the more u touch ur bike,change this,replace that blah blah blah,it looses its originality thats wer the beauty comes from.plus it looks cheap and its so trying hard man!!!that is sad...why buy that bike if ur thinking of changing the bloody engine,THIS AND THAT.duhhh!if u want more power get a bigger bike!by the way im talking bout "people who own r125 aiight.."

cant wait to get mine this end of june...

Your A Compleete Prat :angry:

Shweeet. Very nice job on the wheels...did you do that yourself?

DM

No i didnt, they were already done, However we will be doing a lot more to this baby over the winter so watch this space. ;)

Some of the mods to yall guys bikes just make me want to weep for joy.

Though im not normally given to criminal activity I hope there is some good locks out there because I would surely be tempted to steal sum of dem hawks if I had the chance.

Only kidding.

Or am I.......

I sincerely hope you are - even suggesting stuff like that will acquire you a nice pair of busted kneecaps.............

And you think i'm joking.............. <_<

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online