modifications!!!

handai
This post is 5749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i hate modifications!the more u touch ur bike,change this,replace that blah blah blah,it looses its originality thats wer the beauty comes from.plus it looks cheap and its so trying hard man!!!that is sad...why buy that bike if ur thinking of changing the bloody engine,THIS AND THAT.duhhh!if u want more power get a bigger bike!by the way im talking bout "people who own r125 aiight.."

cant wait to get mine this end of june...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate modifications!the more u touch ur bike,change this,replace that blah blah blah,it looses its originality thats wer the beauty comes from.plus it looks cheap and its so trying hard man!!!that is sad...why buy that bike if ur thinking of changing the bloody engine,THIS AND THAT.duhhh!if u want more power get a bigger bike!by the way im talking bout "people who own r125 aiight.."

changing up your bike makes it WAY more full of originality and your own style then leaving it..

you dont buy a house just to leave it empty and plain.. you make it your own.

not eveyone wants to go down the road and see someone else with there exact same bike to the T.

thats not original at all. :blink: :blink:

changing up your bike makes it WAY more full of originality and your own style then leaving it..

you dont buy a house just to leave it empty and plain.. you make it your own.

not eveyone wants to go down the road and see someone else with there exact same bike to the T.

thats not original at all. :blink: :blink:

i see what youre saying mate,but the thing is, i see a lot of drivers doing up their vehicles themselves,and they look so cheap.

i would not have mind if it was done by "pimp my ride" production,coz they add some serious stuff to it.and the outcome is amazing.

for me when i get my brand new bike..id just ride, maintain,njoy,and keep it clean...

i see what youre saying mate,but the thing is, i see a lot of drivers doing up their vehicles themselves,and they look so cheap.

i would not have mind if it was done by "pimp my ride" production,coz they add some serious stuff to it.and the outcome is amazing.

for me when i get my brand new bike..id just ride, maintain,njoy,and keep it clean...

Im with XT stunter here...

You bloody what!!! Does mine look cheap? ...I can tell you..there is nothing better than spending oooodles of time and effort in making your machine unique to YOU!! Its not always how much you spend either, its what you do with it. I ride everwhere on mine, as you can see, its very, very bright, it gets noticed. People come up to me saying they saw me 400 miles away in another town so and so weeks ago.

Top and bottom of it is, enjoy urself, be an individual (dont get caught up with the look at my green ninja) thing, cos every other persons got one, stick some bits on it, make it original, and if you dont feel confident in doing it youself, there are plenty of peeps out there that will help.

P

100_3203.jpg

100_3291.jpg

100_3286.jpg

Yep i agree with LTR.

As long as you dont have to ride it what does it matter what soemoen else does to their bike?

Me - i do stuff to mine cos im not a sheep - and i dont wanna be part of the "same shit, same bike" clan.

As for the "i would not have mind if it was done by "pimp my ride" production,coz they add some serious stuff to it.and the outcome is amazing." comment - why the feck would you wanna throw a load of money at the bike for someone else to do it???? There is nothing like the blood sweat and tears you put into your own ride and know that at the end you actually achieved something - rather than having a bike that says "oooh look how much money has been chucked at my bike without me actually doing anything"

Until you have been involved in the building or modification of any bike and you actually KNOW something about the bike then i dont think you can really say anything about whether modifications should be done or not.

I like mine to be as individual as i am - take my Suzuki Bandit in Kawasaki green for instance - get yer head round that one mate..... :lol:

bandit1.jpg

Yep i agree with LTR.

As long as you dont have to ride it what does it matter what soemoen else does to their bike?

Me - i do stuff to mine cos im not a sheep - and i dont wanna be part of the "same shit, same bike" clan.

As for the "i would not have mind if it was done by "pimp my ride" production,coz they add some serious stuff to it.and the outcome is amazing." comment - why the feck would you wanna throw a load of money at the bike for someone else to do it???? There is nothing like the blood sweat and tears you put into your own ride and know that at the end you actually achieved something - rather than having a bike that says "oooh look how much money has been chucked at my bike without me actually doing anything"

Until you have been involved in the building or modification of any bike and you actually KNOW something about the bike then i dont think you can really say anything about whether modifications should be done or not.

I like mine to be as individual as i am - take my Suzuki Bandit in Kawasaki green for instance - get yer head round that one mate..... :lol:

bandit1.jpg

:lol::rofl: Yeah and mine looks like someone did a pavement pizza on it.... :barf: in triumph yellow...lmfao

Nice machine there Goff

i think adding mods to the bike does personalise it

im torn between to two of you

i love the look of my new bike i dont even want to spoil the look with

crash bungs let alone change the paint work

however when you see a bike with no mods you dont look twice

when you see something personised (bandit in kaw green for eg) you really turn your head

and thats what its all about

loving the colour scheme on both ya bikes :)

Ha, mine gets modified by default.

1. when it goes wrong, i stick on whatever bits i can lay my hands on

2. when i chuck it up the road, and the only way to put it back on the road is aftermarket

each to their own really!

I believe in personal expression..

my bike looks nothing like it did when I got it..

and im proud of it..

I have people all the time say things like "what kind of bike is that" "DUDE~! thats so cool"

not to boast or anything :D :D :D

BEFORE... :no:

08xt250_wht_1_d0a0e4b2.jpg

AFTER!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

frontxt.jpg

CIMG0771.jpg

and I love it.

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

My latest modifications (well two of them) have arrived today! I nice Cool Blue Irdium Double bubble screen and belly pan

Now ...see what happens when you copy another and it is the same...it dosnt stand out from the millions of others...thankfully there is only 1 bike with my union jack weirdness....

here you go Goff...took me 5 mins...satisfaction or your money back...(copyright infringment.... :lol: )

bandit1copycat.jpg

Now ...see what happens when you copy another and it is the same...it dosnt stand out from the millions of others...thankfully there is only 1 bike with my union jack weirdness....

here you go Goff...took me 5 mins...satisfaction or your money back...(copyright infringment.... :lol: )

bandit1copycat.jpg

Git :lol:

i think adding mods to the bike does personalise it

im torn between to two of you

i love the look of my new bike i dont even want to spoil the look with

crash bungs let alone change the paint work

however when you see a bike with no mods you dont look twice

when you see something personised (bandit in kaw green for eg) you really turn your head

and thats what its all about

loving the colour scheme on both ya bikes :)

they look twice i know..but in the back of their minds they criticise mate..

Im with XT stunter here...

You bloody what!!! Does mine look cheap? ...I can tell you..there is nothing better than spending oooodles of time and effort in making your machine unique to YOU!! Its not always how much you spend either, its what you do with it. I ride everwhere on mine, as you can see, its very, very bright, it gets noticed. People come up to me saying they saw me 400 miles away in another town so and so weeks ago.

Top and bottom of it is, enjoy urself, be an individual (dont get caught up with the look at my green ninja) thing, cos every other persons got one, stick some bits on it, make it original, and if you dont feel confident in doing it youself, there are plenty of peeps out there that will help.

P

100_3203.jpg

100_3291.jpg

naaah..not for me at all...its a bit scary dont u think.

100_3286.jpg

Yep i agree with LTR.

bandit1.jpg

no your one is alryt mate,although u done it up yourself,it looks clean it doesnt look cheap.

bandit1copycat.jpg

Git :lol:

OMGGG!!!!

I love it! :rofl: :rofl: :thud:

If it looks cheap then you're doing it wrong. I know what you mean tho, sometimes I wonder "what were you thinking?", but each too their own. I like to see the individual work that goes into some bikes.

If you get fun from buying a brand new bike, great. Anybody can go and buy a new bike, many people do, not everybody can build.

I get value from creating something that looks good, rides nice and may be of interest to somebody else, being unique is great, whether it's cheap looking or not is a matter of perception.

Here's my great value purchase I shall be working on over the next month or so. No doubt it's cheap looking to you, to me, it'll be a sweet ride. All the fun I'm having choosing parts, what exhaust? what colours? what bits to polish and what bits to chrome? single headlight or twin? USD's or stock? R1 Blue spots? LED lights?.......

It's like being in a sweet shop

FZR1000B.jpg

FZR1000.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online