My bike is dead!

TazR6
This post is 5855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Its been running sloppy for awhile under 4k. Had trouble starting her this morning, but it went after a few tries.

This evening, no go. No matter what. Even a push start did nothing.

I reckon its the plugs. Got new ones arriving (CR10EK) tomorrow hopfully. My fingers are crossed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i bet you are pissed

just hope its bad weather until you get them eh?

Plugs arrived this morning. I stripped it down yesterday ready for them coming. What a NITEMARE of a job it is too! if I never have to do it again it will be too soon.

After a couple of hours or so of putting her all back together again, I hit the strter button, she turned over for half a second, then,,, another half second, then a secon, and another, and another and another. Dead still. I was gutted.

So, I disconnected and reconnected the CDI, pulled out and put back all the fuses, unplugged and replugged everything. Hot the starter and wham, ticking iver in an instant.

YAY!!

The idle is so smooth its mad. the plugs were well and truly shot, but it wasnt them that caused the none starting lol!

I have not been out on her yet, but will be shortly. Having a shower, eating, and off out. All being well it will not be lumpy under 4k now.

I will keep you posted.

Neil

And if all else fails.......

A big fook off lump hammer........ :D

LOL Goff, thats what must have broke my fork leg bottom, BIG crack across the axle studs......New forks came today from Scotland, fitted and rebuilt in under an hour, just had time to go and test before it went dark. ( I dont mind the dark, but when your testing important stuff like forks, you wana be able to see them!!!!)

BLOODY HELL!!!!

What a transformation!

i was told when I bought the bike in September, that the Plugs n stuff had been changed in July. Since then, the bike has done less than 1500 miles, but they must have been FUBAR!! It pulls like a new bike! There is absolutley no hesitation like there was before under 4000. Im well happy.

While it was in bits, i decided to fit the new Air Filter I bought off EBay a few weeks ago. Its stamped 5EB (as is my airbox) but its too small! Got to try and sort that, but its been so long I prob dont have a chance.

I wish I had changed teh plugs weeks ago though. It runs nice and smooth.

Im a Happy Chappy

BLOODY HELL!!!!

What a transformation!

i was told when I bought the bike in September, that the Plugs n stuff had been changed in July. Since then, the bike has done less than 1500 miles, but they must have been FUBAR!! It pulls like a new bike! There is absolutley no hesitation like there was before under 4000. Im well happy.

While it was in bits, i decided to fit the new Air Filter I bought off EBay a few weeks ago. Its stamped 5EB (as is my airbox) but its too small! Got to try and sort that, but its been so long I prob dont have a chance.

I wish I had changed teh plugs weeks ago though. It runs nice and smooth.

Im a Happy Chappy

Glad all is well there matey. Short life on those plugs tho. Ur machine will be breathing a sigh of relief that it can have a big fat spark and burn that fuel more efficiently. Good luck with the filter tho.

How short is a short life? Surley they should see more than 1500 miles right?

I cant believe the price of the plugs either! Nearly £36 in my local store. £14 with delivery off Ebay though. Billy Bonus lol!

How short is a short life? Surley they should see more than 1500 miles right?

I cant believe the price of the plugs either! Nearly £36 in my local store. £14 with delivery off Ebay though. Billy Bonus lol!

Your right about the short life. 1500 miles is way to short. Unless the gap was wrong in the first place, that could have caused premature failure. I change mine every 6000 miles or so. Check them once a month, around the 1500 mile mark on my kwakas. My Yam..shes good on plugs and easier to remove and check. My Yam book says every 4000 miles till check time.... well that works out in summer at once every week and a half (bike courier).......but ive left them till 10000 miles and shes good, changed them with the oil and filters and tyres LOL

Of course it depends what kind of riding you do, short blips here and there without getting your motor warm will damage plugs, as will idling for a long time then giving it a fist full.

Yeah the price of plugs sucks, I bought a box, :lol: from a dealer who was selling up, I paid around 10p a plug, Ive enough left to run for another year.