Milleage on tyres

Guest Tomg
This post is 6161 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest Tomg

hey people, a while since ive been on appologise. been busy with college work and the likes. you know you know. anyway. still on the bike every day rain, wind, ice and especially shine. got my chicken stripes down to near nothing WAHOO! and got a track day at donnington booked up at the ron haslam race school WAHOO some more. however my constant use of my bike is taking its toll on my tyres. what do you lot usually get out of your tyres? any factors which cause high wear other than skidding and burnouts. ive got michelin pilot sports which are brilliant tyres but there not looking like tere going to last much longer!! any high millage fast riding communter tyres available i should go for next?

so many questions!!!! :lol:

how is everyone else?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've had pretty good results out of Dunlops, & Metzeler's as well Tom.

The ME33 Lazer front tire has got to be 1 of the best wet weather tyre's made. :thumb:

I think the Dunlops give better feedback for less money.....& still last a good 6-8k miles. B)

I had michelin pilot powers which are the next step up from the sports in terms of grip. I got around 3000 miles out of the rear before I changed it the front was only half worn. Best tyres I've ever had though. The grip and turn in on them was sensational.

Regards

Guest Tomg

I had michelin pilot powers which are the next step up from the sports in terms of grip. I got around 3000 miles out of the rear before I changed it the front was only half worn. Best tyres I've ever had though. The grip and turn in on them was sensational.

Regards

thank f*ck someone else gets simlar mileage to me! i rekon they will last me up to about 5k miles or so. they are brilliant tyres i have to agree. im thinking about either the same or some pirellis next somethign abit different. but im glad its not just me!

I got some Pirelli Supercorsa Pro, very very sticky hence they have not lasted well. They like a warm road to give you the best. I've done 900 miles and they're half gone, maybe it's the way I ride ;)

Next time I'll get Diablo Corsa III, three zones so should give me better millage on the Mway. I should have got these first as was recomended but wanted some super sticky stuff, and blimey the're sticky, good fun :D

Not so nice with lots of standing water so don't get caught in a thunderstorm!

I got some Pirelli Supercorsa Pro, very very sticky hence they have not lasted well. They like a warm road to give you the best. I've done 900 miles and they're half gone, maybe it's the way I ride ;)

Next time I'll get Diablo Corsa III, three zones so should give me better millage on the Mway. I should have got these first as was recomended but wanted some super sticky stuff, and blimey the're sticky, good fun :D

Not so nice with lots of standing water so don't get caught in a thunderstorm!

900 MILES ROCK AND ROLL !!!! I WANT A TYRE LIKE THE PIRELLI SUPERCORSA THAT STICKS TO THE ROAD AND LASTS LIKE A TOURING TYRE ONE DAY MAYBE LOL :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Dont get on with the dunlops that they fit to the R6 as standard as they square off in no time and dont give too much back in return for mileage either.

Going for Pilot Powers as fitted a front and its superb and the rear is going on hopefully this weekend or next!

I think about 3-5k is the most you can expect from a tyre especially if you give it a bit of stick every now and then! lol

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online