Who uses what OIL?

Kitty-Cat
This post is 6377 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

who uses what oil for thundercat???

i was told not to bother with fully synthetic unless you plan on changing oil every couple of weeks!!

Is the semi-synthetic the way to go?

just wondering whats the best stuff to add to my purring machine!

thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When I use to have mine, it was always serviced by the dealer and they always used Mobil1 for bikes, I travelled at least 1000 miles a month on it and would last between services.

Remember you cannot use normal car oil i.e normal Mobil1 in a motorbike because of the wet clutch design, so make sure you get a bike specific oil.

I use Millers classic semi-synthetic sport 20/50 in my xs400 £29 for 5 litres, but lasts 2k miles.

They also do full synth for modern bikes

Fully synthetic gives your engine the best protection and gives better performance than other oils. You do have to change it every 3k miles but if you want your engine to last I can't recomend it enough.

I use Mobil 1 fully synthetic in my R6 and don't have any problems with it. One thing is with the Mobil 1 is the yamaha dealers can't get hold of it anymore so they have swapped to motul which is apprently what they use for Moto Gp.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

i use castrol in my Hornet. no problems with it. i also used it in my TZR which actually made it run better, it smoked less and didn't stink as bad.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online