XVS 125 drag star, newbie learning...

RaySin

Good evening y'all...

It's been a while since my last post here, and, I feel guilty... (probably not)

I have been through some changes in my life recently, getting redundant from my job, starting new job, but, what's most important - now I HAVE TO RIDE DAILY!!!

Can't put it in words how it feels to wake up at 4AM to get ready for work, get geared up, push her out the gate, start her up and..... There is nothing... Just me and her in the dark, no traffic most of the times... It's our time where we can learn about each other so much...

So far I have learned to adjust chain slack, changing few bits here and there...

I feel like we are starting to grow as one. What surprises me most - I have stalled her once in last month (had random brain fart kicking in) but I was even more surprised how quickly I recollected myself to get going...

Sorry again guys for not being around much lately, hopefully it will change in coming months...

Thing I can say as a complete noob - ride them, the more you do, the better it gets and feels amazing - after your first few rides in darkness with rain, fog and other conditions it will just bring you both so much closer to each other... You will start feeling her more than hearing her (at least that's how it worked for me)

Bikes are awesome! 

Best regards

Noob RaySin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Keep it up Ray, I'm sure  many of us can relate to your early days.  If you want the ultimate closeness then the best bit is riding in the rain, and having a pond of water forming between the tank and your crotch!😂

No, no... I have a slightly dodgy crotch seam on my waterproofs, no pond forms, it just soaks straight in!

I dunno how old you are Ray, but occasionally (as you get older), you just wanna walk out the door and sit in the car. Some days, levering on all that gear is just a pain in the ass for the short commute! lol.

• Haha 1

glad your bonding though, doing your own work can be very satisfying as you care more for your baby than anyone else can.
If you can get those mesh covers on your seat, it should stop any pooling of water and hopefully keep you drier in the crotch area if that's what is happening

No pooling for me so far, only have to do 7-8 mile run to work at the moment, not enough time to get wet 😂

I'm 33 now, and I agree - it's nice to get in car sometimes... Although for me it's only as passenger, hate driving, love cars tho... Weird thing, I know... Just don't feel comfortable while driving, riding on other hand (so far from experience) even if it scares the living thing out of me, I want to ride more, with car I never had this butterfly effect before driving.