Color scheme for 1977 XS500 …

increasing

Have countless Google searches without finding concrete brochures with years. Trying to find out what color scheme could be selected on the 1977 Yamaha XS500 when they were new from the factory...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
4 hours ago, increasing said:

Trying to find out what color scheme could be selected on the 1977 Yamaha XS500 when they were new from the factory...

In what country/area?

The reason I asked was because you can usually use the Fowlers Parts website to find out colour scheme names and such.
However, for some reason it hasn't worked on the XS500, simply because it only lists it for a single year. Don't know why...

Purchase Yamaha XS500 1976 Europe XS500 (1H2, 1976) 999 None motorcycle parts online (fowlersparts.co.uk)

It doesn't look like the number of color schemes for the XS500 that were on sale in the 70s is important for what color I choose for my bike, as there aren't many complete decal sets for these to choose from. Available in brown for XS500 and red for XS360.

Where do you buy decal sets or who makes up-to-date professional decal sets ??

Brown Complete Decal Set

https://www.diablocycle.com/XS500C-1976-Brown-Complete-Decal-Set.html

Red Complete Decal Set

https://rddecals.afegraphics.com/view_product.php?adminshopping=&product=76XS360RD-FullKit-R01170

I'm looking for a set for my Thunderace, but not come up with any I like yet.
But I don't doubt others on the forum will know...

Does anyone have a good picture of the XS500 in this color scheme, black with gold or silver decals on the tank and side covers …

IMG_0953.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

Have you tried You tube?

Lots of XS500 videos, too many for me to view, but I notice this blue one has the same size font on the side panels as your photo of the black one.

it maybe a case of going through them as some may have the correct tank but not side panel and visa versa.

• Like 1