Powe issue with 99 r1

Deemoiii

Hi all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction,

Bike has new battery and fuses are OK, getting 12v after fuses but no lights or dash or relay click. 

I'm a bit stuck on where to go next, is there a way of testing relays? Is bad starter relay going to give these simptoms? Any advice is welcomed 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

try the earth first. clean the area.

undo the block connectors and spray with contact cleaner  and a bit of acf or equivalent 

• 2 weeks later...

Iwe been playing with my multi meter and traced where I have V and where not. So doesn't get to starter relay, ignitor box, start switch or headlights but dash has some V without showing signs of life. 

Just to add, I had dash and crank but once I trailer't it home I connected battery with jumper leeds hear a click and nothing, dead. 

I thought I did a fuse but that doesn't seem to be the case

You need a circuit diagram to trace the circuit. Have you tried the R1 Community? They have a circuit diagram here. https://www.r1-forum.com/threads/annotated-wiring-diagram.642907/

I'd consider joining them also, somebody there  might help shed some light on it as it may be a common problem with your bike.

So this is a 1999 R1?

There's a big ass fuse on either side of the starter assay.
Try those first.

Well so far I have found a dodgy rusty/burned plug to ignition, fixed that but now when I hit starter all lights and dash go out then come back a bit later, battery showing 10.5 when starter is hit so not too low but it could still be the battery?

Battery showing 10.5 when starter is hit so not too low but it could still be the battery?

BUT... I thought you stated in your first post,,,,,, Bike has new battery. 🤔

if battery is good, sounds like the starter is stalled or earthing out bringing down the voltage.