Hello from a new member

Hello everyone,

Just joined the club to see what goes on with a view to become a full member and thought I would introduce myself.

Got my first bike at 17 in 1968, Yamaha C90 and over the years had many yamaha's including 2 fjr1300's, a Diversion 600 and 3 Tracers with the 9GT being the bike I'm now on

two and a half years old with almost 18000 miles on it.I also have a Triumph bonneville t100(sorry if that's swearing on this forum)

I joined the IAM when I reached 68 years old to see if I was still capable to ride and still riding at 72 so must be doing something right.

• Thanks 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hihi, welcome in! :D

Being a full member is mainly the ability to chat in the extra members only section and getting a discount on your Bikesure insurance...

But, considering the low, low price, why the hell not? rofl

• Like 1

Welcome there Wrinkly.

Nice to have a new member  who introduces himself, the forums a lot quieter these days, but there are a few core members who visit relatively regularly, but its not a patch on what it was ten years ago! Don't be surprised that many days/weeks can go by before seeing a new post though.

There's no concern about ownership of other bikes, nobody will comment.

I'm 10 years behind you and hopefully won't catch you up too quickly!!

Once again, welcome in.

• Like 1

Yeah, don't worry about other bikes, we're not elitist, just look at my profile on the left lol.

I've been riding since I was about 10 (1978ish) on a Yamaha TY80 on the beach... And as it says, nothing legal from then till my Thunderace about 5ish years ago! :blush:

I'd like one of those t100s. What colour is yours?

Yaar, tis a distinguished colour! :D

:welcome:  wrinkly, i did my IAM 2 years ago in 2022. best thing I did.

I tend to own just yams although I did dabble in a little gilera as a resto mod