XVS 125 drag star, newbie

RaySin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome in...
Tell us about yourself and your bikes..! :D

Reduce some of that 'hype' and have fun! :D
Treat everyone else on the roads as having a personal grudge against you!!!
And remember, being paranoid, doesn't mean no one is out to get you! lol

Give yourself a few months and then go get your Direct Access done, it should lower your Insurance quite a bit.

Speaking of Insurance..: Have you already got your dragstar insured? If not, check down at the bottom of the forums, there's an insurance number to phone, you get a discount with them for being a full member here...

:welcome:
you never stop learning, i did my IAM course last year and was a 
valuable experience.

Always look as far as you can and reduce the hazards by speed and position. Communicate to other users you are there by changing position etc

As they say be able to stop within the distance ahead of you and on your side of the road.

Snakebite - yes, have it already insured. Only found this forum once it was already done.

Looking forward to ride and enjoy it as much as I can. One thing that really stuck to me was when my instructor said - always ride to your own expertise. Never been on bike before CBT, didn't get CBT done first try either, first experience was pretty groundbreaking for me as I managed to ride ok for most part and then at some point I had brain fart, panicked and ditched it dropping it on me just to finish my gracious manoeuvre off. Hard lesson was learned on first attempt on a bike, second time went a lot better, but boy oh boy I have lots to learn.

I hope I will have lots of experiences, lessons and emotions to share with you guys and generations to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a warm welcome to you bud. As the others have said ride with care and treat everyone on the road as a complete idiot , that way if they do something unexpectedly, you won't be surprised!! Have great fun on those two wheels, look forward to hearing from you.

As a reward , here on the site we have a badge system, the more votes you get progresses you up the ranking, its only for fun! nothing elitist!!

you can even get on the leaderboard for post of the week, gold silver and bronze, so I'm going to start the ball rolling and like your posts etc.

All the best

NE0

Thanks NEO. Much appreciated. Have lots and lots of questions already in my head regarding maintenance of my two wheeled beauty etc. Will have a good read through forums as I'm sure someone like me has already asked those questions before me.

Bike for me at this stage is more than just means of transportation - it's a whole new learning curve and hopefully it grows into serious passion in years to come.