Xs250 81 se wiring

Sonnybill
This post is 2285 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I’m currently building a little street tracker type thing out of a 1981 Xs250 special, got a lot done already but I’ve hit a brick wall with the wiring, I am wanting to run it kick only with just front and back lights, can’t really find anything on the web so wondered if some one on here could help?

thanks Sonny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry mate not sure what your asking here. It's a simple thing to chop off the wires you no longer need or want. Your going to need an ignition source of course but lights are simple on most bikes. Your also going to have to make a blanking plate for the starter motor mount, just to keep the dirt out, other than that it's straight forward. What seems to be the problem?

You will still need most of the wiring, what people do is hide it effectively.

You will still need main and dipped beam, a main beam indicator, a neutral light. The brake light that needs to operate from both brakes as well as light in the spedo and some kind of secure ignition system so you can go into the pub you rode to for a pint..

All in 95% of whats there.

First thing is to say Hi, pref with a bit of info in the new members sec. Up to I think 1986 you're only required rear brake pedel brake light, but as already said you need most it. Lots of info on this on xs400.com could also look up drewpys tracker project on here somewhere but I can't remember name of thread. If you do an intro you'll get a much better response :D