The Ginger Tom Project

Ginger tom
This post is 2492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good morning people,

This is the tread for my little project, hopefully it's in the right place.

This is my bike, a 2007 MT-03

IMAG0059.jpg

I have dropped the front my an inch, raised the rear by about the same amount, added some rental bars. It did have two bar end mirrors but one has fallen off, evotech tail tidy and the fuel tank has been painted.

It has a k&n panel filter, power commander 3, 748 ducati rear can which has changed it from a twin exit exhaust to a single. 

I have all the kit to make take this from a 636cc to 780cc and once I have the time to do it, luckily she's not my daily ride anymore so I can put her in one of my sheds and start the conversation.

Any questions or thoughts I'd love to hear them.

Cheers

Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

that's a huge piston, whats the rev range on the new engine?

looking good though :thumb:

Well depending on who you speak to it varies, some say keep it as stock others say it's good for about 10k. 

Will have to see what it does when it's mapped, if it makes power higher it'll be set higher than the 8k stock.

The quads with the same engine as my bike rev to 9k on the 636 and 686 stock engines (sold as 660 and 700 respectively).

I'll need to get a new cam to make proper use of everything I'm doing to it. But that'll be bought when I get some more money.

hi Tom

I've been looking around for an alternative exhaust for my 03 and I would be interested in hearing  and perhaps seeing a pic about your using a ducati exhaust. How does it affect the performance, did you keep the original down pipes?

Good luck with your project.

Tim

Damn missed this, does that stroker crank have better bearings and a stronger rod?

Surely thumper.com and the like would know?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online